Details sent.

Alan

0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Update

This appears to a major issue BT! - It has apparently been going on for months. Please see the following threads:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-issues-despair/td-p/1610123

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Webmail-login-failure/td-p/1618427

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/E-MAIL-LOG-IN-ON-A-CONTINUOUS-LOOP-DESPAIRING/td-p/1621036

The sagas related here  about loss of emails are very worrying. It is clearly time for someone higher up in BT to take this issue seriously.

0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 491

An interesting point to note:

I have three email addresses on the account.

If I log in to any of them with the correct email address but the wrong password. I get a red box

"We don't recognise your details. Please check you've entered your full address and correct password etc." So clearly it is doing the password match.

If I log in to any account with the correct email address and password, it just loops back to either the same login screen or the "Enter your details screens".

BT Please note: This is clearly a relatively simple software error  - it is plainly obvious that you are being directed to the wrong screen(s) when the password matches!

0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 491

Further to my previous replies:

I was telephoned by an automated system (from 0845 6021111), and promising a call between 10.00 and 12.00 am - calcalled a planned appointment so I could be available - Nobody called me. Another 2 hours down the drain!

Just now I stumbled upon a new box allowing me to create a new email account - this worked and the new account is set up and I can access it - but no sign of my existing accounts - oh dear!

What now?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 491

You have been offered the help of a moderator. I would suggest that you wait until the moderation team contact you and until then you do not contact Customer Services as it will only lead to confusion.

Setting up a new email account will not allow you to access another email account.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 17 of 491

type mail.btyahoo.com into the address bar (no http:// or anything else) and log on from the Yahoo screen.  It might bounce you back a couple of times but if you get in to webmail DO NOT sign out, just exit the page and make sure you tick the 'keep me signed in' box when you use the Yahoo log on.  See my previous thread for the story of this (temporary) fix.

0 Ratings
olon1968
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 491

Hi Daniel. There is still no progress on this. I received some texts telling me to expect some calls so I wait by the phone and PC for hours on end and no call comes. Then I see I have missed calls at completely random times when I'm nowhere near my PC. Please can you help I desperately need email access. Thank You.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 19 of 491

@olon1968 Sorry about that, I can see you're details are in the mod queue waiting to be picked up. We deal with the cases in the order that they arrive with us and one of the mod team will be in touch with you in the next couple of days.

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 20 of 491

Have exactly the same situation as the original complainant ... I can log in to BT but not to email ...

1. ...went through chat line at 12.00 hours on Thurday, 16th June .... was promised call from Level 2 in 24 hours, at a time later confirmed by BT ..... waited at prescribed times ( 15.00 to 17.00 hours on Friday 17th) .... no call ....
  2. .. back on chat line .. profuse apologies ...promised call from Level 2 and asked to wait 1 further hour, which I did (whilst also remaining on chat line )... no call ..
  3. ... call arrived from Level 2 after another further 15 mins ( at 18.15 on Friday 17th)..... told that my email address had been shut down by Server due to weak password and having used it for over 2 years...( ????)..
  4. ...plus as I am also now accessing my email address through my I Pad, also for 2 years (???).....which Server treats as hacking !!! ... hence shutdown....
  5. ... was told they ( level 2 ) were overwhelmed by this problem... they didn't work on Saturday and Sunday, were going to be too busy on Monday, and I would receive call between 8.00 hrs and 12.00 hours on Tuesday, 21st June to confirm the re-instatement of my email addresses ( old password also !!! )....and thus subsequent resumption of service.

Only time will tell, but I must admit to being very sceptical and to having my leg pulled !!! Colleagues have stronger words to describe this situation, one that has been not only caused by BT ... but continued by them also.

Any ideas as to any proposed actions that should be taken, if indeed this re-instatement doesn't take place ... it even now means I've had a loss of service for 6 days, for which I am paying ( refund due ?? ) ... and if not re-instated .. what the hell am I supposed to do ??

I've been a BT customer for over 25 years and am stunned.

Safecontractor

0 Ratings