Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 61 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

@safecontractor wrote:

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS !!! ...................

Received confirmation at 8.15 this a.m. of a forthcoming call from "Level 2" due between 9 and 11 a.m.

Call came at 9.15. a.m.

Person took over my computer, re-instated connection ( but with new email address ) ... emails up and working by 9.50 a.m. They haven't re-instated your connection, they have just given you a new email address which you could have done quite simply yourself.  A totally unacceptable solution.

Had to connect WLM myself with new address ( easy ) ... so that works ..... not tried IPAD yet.... have lost emails from days off line .. small price to pay for re-instatement.

What can I say ?????? ... excuse given ??? .. I hadn't used email for 10 / 14 days ( totally untrue !!! ) so email address "compromised" and was "binned". Total rubbish.

Safecontractor

Please tell me you are not going to accept this 'solution' and demand BT re-instate your mail properly.

gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 62 of 491

@licquorice wrote:

Please tell me you are not going to accept this 'solution' and demand BT re-instate your mail properly.

Totally agree. A load of rubbish. How could it possibly be a problem that required BT to access your computer. It is a problem with BT's email system that is blocking your email address. All they have done is set you up another email address. They might as well have told you to set up a gmail account because it is the same thing. It has not solved your problem.

That is the best solution and excuse I have heard so far Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 63 of 491

With respect, as you obviously are experts at all the reasons for all these failures and apparently know your way around the loops / systems, perhaps you could take the trouble to inform BT of your findings and views and direct them to people,s existing plight.... such a shame that any such information was not previously forthcoming for anyone's assistance. It's pretty easy shooting things down ... it's getting them back up again that's the problem.

As a lesser mortal, only interested in receiving service, perhaps the comments made regarding my being able to have emails again, .. . whatever has been done, has got me back on line ..  a situation that other people apparently are not in, and who are having to wonder what their next line of action is to be.

I wouldn't, and don't, have a clue as to how to set up a new email address...the problem was getting connection .. again with respect, why not lay out a clear plan for other people who might want to take that course of action ?? ... so far I haven't seen that being suggested and again, making that suggestion at an earlier time might well remove / have removed some of the worries they are facing.

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 64 of 491

We are just customers like yourself and have no sway over how BT operate. If you were to browse through this forum you would find countless posts we have made over the years (yes, years) regarding the atrocious lack of action by the BT mail team with regard to problems. They appear to have a total disregard for their customers.

Getting a new email address is in no way a solution. Perhaps email addresses aren't important to you, but to me and the majority of people they are extremely important. I have had my email address for over 20 years and it would be disastrous to lose access to it. For BT to consider it a solution to your problem is ludicrous.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 65 of 491

Hi @safecontractor,

Can you get in touch with me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods? Put in the email you're having problems with and state that you need called in the message. We'll get in touch with the BT Mail team directly and find out what they're doing and try get back the email address you originally had.

Thanks

DanielS

johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 66 of 491

Totally agree that receiving a new email address is not a solution. On my level 2 callback on Friday, I was told that my 2 missing email accounts had been marked as suspended as compromised. No obvious reason for this as I'd been using them regularly. I insisted that they are restored as I've been using them for at least 8 years so a new account is pointless.

Was told it was being passed to the backend team and would take 3-4 days and I'm due a callback tomorrow evening. There has been some progress (of a sort)  in that I can now see one of the accounts on the MyBT page but still can't use that account. The other one is still nowhere to be seen. Hoepfully the callback tomorrow will result in it being sorted (if it happens).

0 Ratings
klacey
Beginner
Message 67 of 491

Well all my emails have been destroyed last month during move from Yahoo. Maybe the same?
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 68 of 491

@klacey wrote:
Well all my emails have been destroyed last month during move from Yahoo. Maybe the same?

What move from Yahoo? As far as I am aware BT have not resumed the move from BTYahoo to BTMail which has been on hold for over a year.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 491

Unless something is happening that we don't know about, the migration from BTYahoo to BT Mail has been on hold for about 2 years so I'm not sure what move you mean.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 70 of 491

@safecontractor wrote:

With respect, as you obviously are experts at all the reasons for all these failures and apparently know your way around the loops / systems, perhaps you could take the trouble to inform BT of your findings and views and direct them to people,s existing plight.... such a shame that any such information was not previously forthcoming for anyone's assistance. It's pretty easy shooting things down ... it's getting them back up again that's the problem.

As a lesser mortal, only interested in receiving service, perhaps the comments made regarding my being able to have emails again, .. . whatever has been done, has got me back on line ..  a situation that other people apparently are not in, and who are having to wonder what their next line of action is to be.

I wouldn't, and don't, have a clue as to how to set up a new email address...the problem was getting connection .. again with respect, why not lay out a clear plan for other people who might want to take that course of action ?? ... so far I haven't seen that being suggested and again, making that suggestion at an earlier time might well remove / have removed some of the worries they are facing.

Safecontractor

As has been pointed out, we are just customers like yourself and do not have an "inside" track to BT or are able to implement any fixes to the email system.

You may have noticed when I  did post what the problem may be and also what information posters with the problem should post in order to assist in trouble shooting, it was in your words  "shot down"  and none of the information requested was ever posted by others affected with the problem. This makes it very difficult to assist further.

You and other posters have been offered the assistance of the moderators. They are the only BT staff on the forum and they can and do contact the relevant team with trouble shooting information that is gleaned from this forum. 

What is clear is that the "fix" you were given is in no way a fix. It is a total botch or at best a work around. The fix would be that your email account was fully restored and functioned correctly without the lose of any emails. If that is not possible for what ever reason, BT should put their hands up and explain what the problem was/is and why your email account can not be restored.

0 Ratings