cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Krell
Beginner
Message 71 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

I am also in the same position. Noticed emails were not being downloaded to my iPhone on Wednesday last week. Checked via Outlook - same. Went onto web client and the message onscreen was that the account had been suspended.

I have gone through various loops via phone and chat and have been told that I would get a call from Level 2 which had never occurred. I should get one tomorrow but not holding my breath.

What I do not understand is why an email account cannot be 'un-suspended' as simply as it was suspended. All this stuff I have gone through with the BT ID looping, resetting passwords, trying a different browser is a waste of time.

I only use one email address and I have been using it for years. No recent changes to account, moving house, broadband or anything so cannot understand why this has happened.
0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 72 of 491

My issues also started Wednesday last week (or overnight Tuesday). Makes you think something has happened overnight Tuesday that has been overzealous in setting accounts to suspended - if only the software/processes would make it equally easy to unsuspend accounts !

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 73 of 491

Thanks for your comments but I am still a loss as to how to get BT to hold their hands up ... it's almost impossible to contact them in the first place....!!!!  as evidenced by the comments recently of other aggrieved customers.

Like you. I've held my email address, and been a BT customer, for over 20 years and when BT "Level 2" are adamant that it had now been corrupted / binned / unusable ( whatever term you / I / they decide to call it ) ... then it's kind of difficult to call them liars, and to dig in your heels about an unfamiliar subject , especially when there is an anxiety to have service resumed. It may well be an easy matter, as pointed out, to raise your own email address .. what wasn't / isn't accompanying it if you did so, was a connection !!! .. and that's where BT have you / us by the short and curlies.

As of now, the resultant work involved in advising my contacts of my change of email address wasn't as bad as I thought, although a bit boring. All apparently has now worked OK for 24 hours.

Moderators as BT staff must be pretty insular to ignore the rhetoric that is obvious here, without relating it "upstairs" and if as stated elsewhere, there have been 20 years of pointing out to BT the error of their ways, without success, what chance do I, or any other, as individuals have ?

I have led many cavalry charges at various times but judging by results here, this one won't get out of the stable.

I'm quite happy to take on BT ... if I only knew how, where and who ... but I wonder how many others are the same ... ? My earlier post regarding a person prepared to go to Court, is presumably the ultimate answer... but it appears even they were persuaded out of it.

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 74 of 491

Have you actually contacted the moderators as requested by DanielS in message 65 and completed the form?

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 75 of 491

Not yet ... is it any use ???

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 76 of 491

Yes, very much so. They will take ownership of the problem and pursue it to resolution. There is no 'generic' method of getting fixes within BT, but the mods have a good track record of dealing with individual cases.

Krell
Beginner
Message 77 of 491

How do you contact them?  Do they have to enable something for you to see the 'Contact Mods' button?  I have had a look at this but never see a button on their profile.

I was promised a call today but received nothing.  When I phoned I was told that it has been scheduled for the 24th!! 

To me, loss of the original email address is unnacceptable.  Loss of emails is one issue - I download everything from the server so it will just be the ones since the email was suspended - but to lose your original email address is crazy. 

The person I talked to on the phone this evening said it appeared to be a major issue and it was being worked on but since he was Level 1 he could do nothing about it. Just have to wait until Level 2 eventually call me

0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 78 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop - SOLVED

Finally, I am pleased to say that I now have all my mailboxes re-instated. (problem happened last Thursday).

Thanks to this forum and to Lizzie Williams  at BT Care, Enniskillen and her colleagues!

For information, I have learnt the following:

a). This forum actually works - impressed

b). The problem is a server side problem and probably caused by migration. It is a known issue.

c). You can get your original mailboxes back. It seems to be a multi-stage stage process:

1). First they get you out of the loop - so you can log in and see the mailbox screen and create new mailboxes, but you are not able to access exisitng mailboxes.

2). Then you eventually see the primary email address but cannot access it

3). Then there is a "second stage" - involving another team, which restores access to the mailbox and the messages.

4). Then you have to repeat steps 2 and 3 for the secondary mailboxes.

It seemed to help when a).  I clearly identified the mailboxes that were missing and b). kept Lizzie informed of what I could and couldn't access. Everything may have worked auromatically, but anyhow, there is no harm in trying to make things clear in order to help yourself. - is there?

I hope this is helpful to others.

Tony

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 79 of 491

Krell

The moderators link can only be seen if the moderators make it available to you. If they do make it available they will inform you.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 80 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop - SOLVED

Thats a great result @tonyk77. Thanks for letting us know you're sorted.

@Krell I'm sure we can help you too. Drop me over your details and we'll take it from there. You'll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings