Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop - SOLVED

This is the problem I was referring to. The mail team refuse to accept there is a systematic problem and deal with the root cause, instead the mods have to refer every case individually to get them resolved.

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 491

I think 60% plus of the problems identified on this forum are as a result of a disconnect between the Yahoo Mail service and BT Mail service and the migration process from one to the other.

I seem to have a blurry memory of BT announcing something like 15 years ago that they were to start using Yahoo as a mail service. Then 12 years later decided to stop using the Yahoo mail service and start a migration process back to BT. As I understand it the migration process stopped some 12 months or more ago, almost certainly due to the number of problems it caused and is still causing.

However if you never used your BT webmail portal and then did so recently the merging of your E-Mail account and BT Account could still take place. If you were unlucky the merge process can go wrong and cause a disconnect between the BT account and your e-mail accounts.

I am sure the moderators on this forum understand this all perfectly and is why they are relatively proving very able and diligent in resolving these issues. Level one support in India I think are totally oblivious to the fall out from migration problems and it is difficult to get level two support to acnowledge the "migration" issues.

I would say "Bravo" to Bt for at least running this forum and the resource's of the moderators who are obviously working tirelessly resolving all these issues. In my opinion they would do well to switch some of these recources from India to the forum in the UK as they appear to know what they are doing and will provide a resloution.

Well done moderators.

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 491

Thanks for that info @tonyk77 - that seems to mirror my experience.

After a week I'm at step 3 with one account (can see it in myBTbut can't use it) but still at step 1 with the other (can't see it in myBT). Still seems strange that there are numerous people with an identical problem but there isn' a generic fix they can apply to everybody affected.

Anyway - due another callback today which will hopefully sort it.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 84 of 491

silverhairedbee

What you have stated could be what is causing the problem however the problem with your theory is how does that affect the posters who

a) have been using only webmail and therefore have been accessing the webmail portal on a regular basis.

b) who stated they were on the BTMail system and not BTYahoo and as such the migration process, which stopped about two years ago, would not be a factor in their account.

What is needed is a statement from BT to say what the problem is and what the solution is and this information to be cascaded down to their Customer Services Department.

4woodend
Contributor
Message 85 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

It is now 1 week since BT were formally notified of the problem with BT email and 6 days since the mods were contacted (DanielS).   I have no access to emails which is difficult for me at this time if the year.   After many hours attempting to solve the problem I can now see the relevant email accounts in MyBT but can access only the primary account.   Our other accounts which we use are apparently "unavailable".

I have had the usual array of misinformation, somebody taking remote access of my computer and promises of a solution and call-backs that never materialise.   Of course the customer care is poor or absent - but I just want access to my emails.

I do not know what to do now.   Any suggestions?

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 86 of 491

Hi @4woodend

I can see that your complaint is being managed by our executive level complaints team.

I understand that they've assured you that they have taken personal ownership of the problem and have agreed to call you back again later this afternoon.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 87 of 491

Thank you - I did not know that.   The arrangement was for a call from Level 2 last eveing (did not happen) and a call this morning which has not (yet) happened.

Looking at this forum it would appear that all is not well with the email system.   The knock-on problems for customers like me who depend on email are considerable - and the time involved considerable.    

If you know when someone is to call, do you know if the problem has been resolved - or at least is likely to be?   I undersatnd the "engineers" have the weekend off (unlike some of us).

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 88 of 491

Hi @4woodend

My colleagues will call you later this afternoon but haven't specified a time.

They'll explain exactly what stage they're at and how long it's going to take to sort out the problem you're having with your emails when they call.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 89 of 491

Thank you for the info.   Please ask them to call on my mobile **Edited**   Thank you again

0 Ratings
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 90 of 491

I need help please

Went to log into my BT emails today and it took me to a page which says

We're simplifying the way you log in. From now on, you'll only need one BT ID username and password for all BT services such as online billing, BT email, BT Sport and our apps.

Along the way, you may need to update your security details so you can reset your password more easily in the future.

Please click Continue to get started.

Continue

It asked me to update my details and update my password which I did and then said it had all been done but everytime I click the email tab on home.bt.com it goes back into the ''we're preparing a journey page and is asking me for all my details again.

I cant get into my emails which is causing me major problems today

Please can anyone help me

0 Ratings