Distinguished Sage
Message 91 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 92 of 491

Yes it would appear you have exactly the same problem that I experienced.

This site is your best bet for a solution.

Hopefully one of the moderators will send you the same link that I was sent so that you can input your details - then you are "in the process" - it takes a few days after that, but it worked for me. I suggest you do as I did and try to help to help you them by keeping them up to date on what you can and cannot access.

Tony

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 93 of 491

It would be good to know what is actually going on. Has the migration re-commenced, is there something else happening in preparation for a renewed migration? We need answers.

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop - SOLVED

Hi gg303440,

I cannot specifically answer your questions except to say that there is so much evidence that the migration process

is fraught with potential risk of failure and results in various outcomes for different people.

It appears that Bt stopped the migration process themselves. I wonder why. There is even a tool on the Bt website for helping identify whether you are still Yahoo or BT Mail. Most people are oblivious to the fact that these two "flavours" exist.

Even though the migration process stopped several years ago you may not be aware you have a problem until years later. For instance you may have used a mail client for years and now have the need to change the password. It is then you discover that although the e-mail account has migrated to BT the ability to Manage your E-mail account, change passwords or create new e-mail accounts are NOT possible. I am sure this is as a result of a problem that originates with the migration, even though it happened several years ago.

Your last point I personally think is the most important. There is little publicity regarding this issue and Level one support don't even know what you are talking about and how to ascertain if it is related to a migration problem.

It would be good for this to be fed back to those who have some influence.

Do other mail providers have these types of problems.

0 Ratings
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 95 of 491

Thanks for your reply licquorice.

The top link just takes me back to the same page in my previuos post '' we're taking you on a journey ''

The 2nd link doesnt help me either

I can get into MY BT ok just cant get any emails and am in process of selling house so need them urgently

0 Ratings
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 96 of 491

Thanks Tony, hopefully the mods will come back to me

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 97 of 491

Licquorice ............Thanks for that on your reply yesterday ... might take it up...............

.......any answers yet from the people who have been without email / service / none calls from "Level 2" ??? ... s

............service / email (addresses ) back to normal ???

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 98 of 491

Hi @cityangel sorry your having trouble accessing your email. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 99 of 491

silverhairbee

You are correct that the migration was stopped by BT and that there were problems related to it however, new customers to BT who were never on the BTYahoo system and as such were never subject to the migration programme are apparently being affected by this so your argument is not sound in my opinion.

The BT tool to tell you which system you are on has been around since the migration process stopped but the easiest way is just to look at the logo on your webmail page. If it shows BTYahoo you are on the Yahoo system. If it shows BT you are on the BTMail system.

I find it hard to believe that anybody using an email client has not at anytime used webmail in the past two years. Also when you were migrated you were informed by email that you had been migrated and what process to follow in order to complete the migration process. 

0 Ratings
silverhairedbee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 100 of 491

Thank you gg30340 for all your comments.

I am merely suggesting that a sufficient number of the problems are due to migration issues but logically, as you suggest

they cannot all be.

That is very helpful to know that the logo appears on the webmail page and can be easily used as an identifier. However

sometimes you may want to know which system you are on because of being unable to actually log in at all.

Yes I do seem to recall seeing the e-mail about completing the migration. However I do have many clients who do not understand at all about BT Yahoo, BT Mail, what it is that is being migrated or what Webmail even is since their e-mails are simply delivered to their PC. When I have explained about webmail they are astonished that they are able to check their

e-mails in that manner at all, but just continue to use their e-mail client because it is what they have always done.

Thank you for constructive comment, it all helps.

0 Ratings