cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 101 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Thankyou JohnC2 Ive done as you requested.

Strange as I have 3 emails on Premier Mail and the two i dont use much work perfectly, the one I use daily is the one we cant access.

Look forward to hearing from you

0 Ratings
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 102 of 491

John C2

Just realised that I should have added to the form that I sent you earlier that on bt premium mail we have the primary email addy and 2 sub emails addresses. The primary email addy which we dont use can be accessed ok as can one of the two sub email addresses, its just the one sub email address which I put on the form I completed that doesnt work and thats the only one we use, hence the panic

Am still getting them through on my phone ok but dont have all my contacts on there so it's difficult

Thanks cityangel

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 103 of 491

Now 8 days since BT informed of the problem - and still no access to my email accounts.   I have experienced the usual run of misinformation, remote access to my computer, promised return calls that did not materialise and absence of customer care.   Of course it's unacceptable - but I just want (and very much need) access to my email accounts.   No one cares enough to do anything about a problem that is well documented in this forum...

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 104 of 491

I've lost track of what you have tried in this thread. Have you tried collecting your mail with a mail client rather than using webmail, the server is accessed differently and may work.

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 105 of 491

8 days for me too - I have one of the 2 accounts back and working but no sign of the other one that had exactly the same problem. Can't understand how they've managed to do one and not the other. Was expecting another callback yesterday but I'm now told it's supposed to be today.

Don't really understand why there isn't a general solution/process in place by now given the frequency this problem seems to be happening - or at the very least the support staff should have been made more aware of how to handle the issue.

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 106 of 491

@licquorice I believe @4woodend has had the same issue as me (and several others on the thread) that the accounts were marked as "suspended as compromised" for some reason - seems to have happened overnight on Tuesday of last week for mine. When in this state they are not accessable either through webmail or a mail client.

There seems to be a 2 stage process to get the back - each of which seems to take several days. First stage makes the account appear in My Bt but you get an error when you try to access it and the second stage makes it useable. In their wisdom, they seem to have decided to do my 2 accounts one at time so still waiting for stage 1 on the second one.

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 107 of 491

So got my almost daily call from level 2 - and the reason the other email account hasn't been fixed is because it hasn't been submitted to the tech team despite them saying they had done this last Friday and again on Wednesday. The reason given was that it hadn't been submitted due to a "technical glitch".

So now I've got to wait another couple of days at least (not counting the weekend) to see if they do actually submit it this time !

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 108 of 491

Yes I think we're in a similar situation.   Even after all these years with BT I am a bit taken aback by the complete absence of customer care.   BT "engineers" apparently have the weekend off - so no possible solution for the next few days.   I have little confidence in anything now said to me - and the disruption to my business (to say nothing of the hours dealing with charming but ineffectual individuals) is considerable.   I am completely helpless in attempting to "persuade" BT to resolve the issue...

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 109 of 491

@4woodend May I politely suggest that a consumer grade email system is not really appropriate to run a business on. You need a proper business account with a SLA rather than a fixed on best endeavours domestic account.

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 110 of 491

Thank you for your advice.   That, however, does nothing to help resolve the email problem nor excuse the poor customer care provided by BT

0 Ratings