Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 111 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

JohnC2

I sent you the form yesterday as requested but have since had a thought

At the moment we have premium mail with a primary email addy and 2 sub emails for which we were paying from June £5pm

I am moving and have ordered bt broadband in my name using my sub email address so Im wondering if that has affected me getting into my email addy.

It says on my order form on My BT that my email addy will be active from the date my broadband will be active ( early July )

so

has BT perhaps not realised that our 3 email addys are being paid for under prem mail.

Still getting my emails on my phone so not a desperate situation like others but would like it sorted as we are paying £5pm for premium mail and I cant access the only email addy out of the 3 we use.

0 Ratings
cityangel
Aspiring Expert
Message 112 of 491

Thankyou David Moon for your phone call and for sorting out the problem with my email addy, it works perfectly now, phew lol .

Once again BT have been efficient and helpful.

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 113 of 491

Hi @olon1968 Glad to hear that Sharon has been in touch and you've now got your email access back. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
bowlesy555
Beginner
Message 114 of 491

Hi,

I'm having this problem too.  I ahve been on the online chat and am now waiting for someone in the Yahoo team to respond.  I don't have any access to any emails and am having to use a gmail address now.

Do I need the Yahoo team to contact me or is it a different solution I need?

Surely there's a generic solution available and not the need for all these separate, individual solutions?

Cheers,

Claire

0 Ratings
hickssl
Contributor
Message 115 of 491

Hi

I found out yesterday that I also have the same problem with the looping. However if I log in via https://login.yahoo.com/ it works ok. The guy in India seems to think this is acceptable but it's not. I want to be able to log in via "My BT" like I always did in the past. Can the mods have a look at my problem as well please.

I have also had a couple of my contacts say that they have had odd emails from me when I haven't sent them messages. The common facctor seems to be the contact list in BT Yahoo leading me to believe that my account or BT Yahoo has been hacked.

Can someone look into this urgently.

0 Ratings
olon1968
Aspiring Contributor
Message 116 of 491

Hi.

My issue has been resloved thanks to the efforts of the BT care team and Sharon in particular. Seems it did need the attention of the back room experts although some confusion also between "My BT ID" and email ID.

Cant offer a generic solution to others problems in this thread but persist with BT Care Forum does seem to work eventually.

Thanks all.

0 Ratings
PeterSuffolk
Beginner
Message 117 of 491

I have the same problem and calls to India hasn't fixed it. Any chance one of the moderators can get involved and find a solution?

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 118 of 491

@PeterSuffolk Sorry about that, please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
FrancesM1
Beginner
Message 119 of 491

We have the same issue. India can't fix. The chat facility is incredibly slow. I have never made so many typos in a chat session.

Another 37 minutes wasted today on chat and 27 minutes on the phone. Trying to get someone on level 2 to fix a password issue. What a waste of resource and effort. Glad that my BT subscriptions are paying level 2 techs to fix password issues. Totally inefficient. 

Can BT publish some KPIs on password issues and time taken to fix. I think they could half these call centres if they had a process that works. I was informed that the reset password link sometimes works. Sometimes is not good enough!

India Level 2 call when I am not there. With no call back information! Maybe I should sit waiting and hoping that they will call one day. I’ll give up the day job while I am waiting for a call from level 2.

History

4 resets by BT. Didn't work.

4 phone calls. Still no good.

4 online chats Still no good.

I can go through the reset password process and this allows me to change the password. https://register.btinternet.com/cgi-bin/load_page?page=/selfhelp/pwdRst_username.html

I have tried logging in to webmail at https://www.bt.com/email  and https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.intl=uk&.partner=bt-1 

Not Good Enough.

How good is the 15 minutes lock out feature?

0 Ratings
FrancesM1
Beginner
Message 120 of 491

Can anyone on here help?

I have now logged a compliant. 

After wasting yet more time on a chat and call with level 1 who cannot fix the issue. I am now told to expect a call on Sat the 2nd of July between 3 - 5pm. 1 full week later. Apparently level 2 fixed the issue on the 27th yet I still have no access to my account or email.

Prior to the last chat I had receive no prior notification of this supposed call. It would be nice to ask the customer if they are available and if not what day / time would be best for a call.

0 Ratings