cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 211 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

There's obviously something going on as I've been with BT for over 20 years and never had this many issues before.
0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 212 of 491

Just had another text message 3 hours later with the security breach message.
0 Ratings
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 213 of 491

Well fingers crossed mine has now been fine for the last 48 hours, not sure anybody has actually done anything?? But either way hopefully the issue has gone away.

0 Ratings
kinetic747
Contributor
Message 214 of 491

I've had the security breach text 3 times in one day. Can a mod give an update please as we're completely in the dark.
0 Ratings
bowlesy555
Beginner
Message 215 of 491

No emails since 28th June - that's nearly 3 weeks now.  This just isn't good enough.  I have been called by 4 different people now saying they've referred it to the right team and it will be fixed in the next 3 days (that's what the first 3 said).  The last call was yesterday and I was to be assured that the right team had my details this time and they have been fixing other people's accounts with the same issue.  It will be fixed by today and i would receive a call to confirm.  Guess what, no call and still not fixed.

Can smeone please tell me what is actually going on?  3 weeks without emals is ridiculous.  Why is it so difficult to resolve when so many of us have the same problem?  Surey they don't have to fix everyone's accounts individually.  Someone telling the truth would be nice.

Claire

0 Ratings
chrisarkle
Contributor
Message 216 of 491

BT email account problem unsolved

I am trying to sort out problems with an email account which appears to be locked but am getting nowhere so can anyone on here assist. WE have tried changing the password online several times and it appears to do it (you get an email saying the password has changed) but nothing happens on clicking the finish button and the password does not change since one device still configured with the original password still receives messages. BT support have been contacted several times and they acknowledge that there is a fault affecting several people and have "escalated" it but still we get nowhere. How on earth does a big company like BT manage to get away with such poor service and how do you get them to fix a problem which is widely known about?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 217 of 491

Re: BT email account problem unsolved

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take twenty four hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
leon19840
Beginner
Message 218 of 491

Is this the same for profiles setup on outlook? My fathers account which is a sub account under main holder(mother) can't send emails? Constant requirement for the password box appearing, enter the password and it keeps asking, note can log into the webmail with same password, driving me potty! BT remoted computer and said its Microsofts Office problem, have tried it on office 2007/2013 and IPad/IPhone but nothing....it receives mail fine

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 219 of 491

Re: BT email account problem unsolved

Hi @chrisarkle,

Thanks for the message and welcome to the forum.  I am very sorry that you have been affected but this frustrating issue.  I can help sort this out but I will need your details.

Can you please send me an email by filling out our contact form?  You can find this by clicking on my username (SeanD), under the 'About me' section of my profile you will find our unique contact link, click on this and fill in your details.  This will generate an email which will come directly to us.  

It sounds like the support team is moving in the right direction by escalating your fault but we will make sure its fixed.

Cheers

Sean

PS - As this issue is affecting quite a few customers I have moved your post over to the main thread discussing this issue. 

Les56
Message 220 of 491

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

Hi,

I'm having the same email login problems that everyone is currently plagued with i.e. Multiple password changes etc.  I've spoken to Offshore and jumped through the usual scripted hoops and finally been advised that it will be escalated to level 2 with a 5 day wait.

Can any Moderators help with a fix please?

Regards

Les56

0 Ratings