cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Damian99
Aspiring Expert
Message 251 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

Once again started happening to me my complaint reference is VOL013-************ can someone please pick this up for me and also look in to why i have been getting a high volume of emails "mail delivery service" "Delivery service Notification" emails into my inbox.

Thanks

0 Ratings
MartynFlook
Aspiring Contributor
Message 252 of 491

I have just noticed that my complaint VOL051-************* has been closed marked “resolved”, this in incorrect, you have not resolved the account deletionsor manage account issue   Please reopen it and solve the problems.

0 Ratings
JawsTDK
Aspiring Contributor
Message 253 of 491

Still no resolution as yet, although was promised something should be sorted within 24 hours following call on Sunday.

Can someone confirm if it is possible to have emails forwarded to another email address (non BT), and if this can be done whilst the "stuck in a loop" problem exists.

This issue is making me think that it is time to go to another ISP as soon as out of contract, as currently, this service is appalling to be without email for so long.

0 Ratings
malglos
Beginner
Message 254 of 491

Hi

Please add me to the list of people stuck in this loop. Can a mod get in touch and tell me how to fix it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 255 of 491

Hi @malglos and thanks for posting.

I can help with this. Can you please drop me over an email with your details? You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

@MartynFlook I've got your email and will be looking into this for you. I'll be in touch once I have an update for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
richardjtowler
Beginner
Message 256 of 491

Hi, I'm locked out of my emails too, got a password failure last week for no apparent reason and haven't been able to successfully reset or get back in my account since, any attempts to recover password direct me to the online chat which doesn't connect to anyone ( sat for about an hour watching it tonight ) Hoping someone on here can offer to help please.  Thanks.  Richard

0 Ratings
pgmakinson
Beginner
Message 257 of 491

Sub account keeps being locked.

Hello,

I have a sub account which keeps telling me the password is no longer valid. When I try to re-set it, it tells me my personal security detils are not correct. When I try to update my details or verify them, I'm told my browser is Out of date and promted to upgrade to the latest version of IE (which I am using). 

I contact BT via chat and after waiting an age give them the account number (and some of the security details which which wern't previously accepted but seem to work here) and finally the account password is reset.

Several days later I get a message saying the password is no longer valid. This time, it prompts me to change the password and all works fine again for about 6 hours until I'm told the password is no longer valid. This time I can't change it, so login to my main account to do it from there and are told my security details and correct, but once again I cannot adjust them.

So it is back to the chat. After a while, I'm told there is a mail outage and I need to wait 48 hours. However, all my other mail accounts seem to work fine.

Is there an outage currently? Do I need to wait 48 hours? How do I check / update my security details? How do I stop this account getting locked all the time (it is only registered on an ipad / iphone and the password is updated on both when it finally works).

Thanks.

0 Ratings
pgmakinson
Beginner
Message 258 of 491

Hello,

I keep getting locked out of one of my mail accounts too. Could you please help? Sat for an hour waiting for chat only to be told there is an outage and I need to wait 48 hours.

Thanks.
Philip.

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 259 of 491

@richardjtowler and @pgmakinson I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT email. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be happy to help. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
ejwhite175
Beginner
Message 260 of 491

Hi I have exactly the same problem. Can you help me also?

0 Ratings