Sorry if this has already been seen.

Password Lockout

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 153 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

As some of us have been saying for a long time (years), the idea of a common password for email and BTID was about as stupid an idea that could be conceived. It would be bad enough if only one company were involved, but the idea of keeping the passwords in sync between 3 companies, BT, Yahoo and Openwave is just totally ridiculous.

0 Ratings
tonyk77
Aspiring Contributor
Message 154 of 491

Update:

Things worked fine again when I got my EMails back for a couple of weeks. However,  over the last 2 days, I have been  again repeatedly told my account is compromised and I need to reset all the passwords.

I have scanned all my computers with clean copies of Malwarebytes and Sophos checkers - no virus found. So I assume it is again a BT software problem - server side.

None of my non-BT addresses seem to be a problem luckily - I've not had those "compromised".

Interstingly the automatic messages I've received from BT don't tie up!

I seem to get an SMS saying:

"Hello, BT here. We've blocked your email address ******@***** because it might not be secure anymore. Someone might have got into your email account without your permission. If that's happened, they could send spam or get personal information like your bank account details. To unblock it, go to bt.com/mybt Thanks."

Then after I change the passwords, I get:

"As you know, we recently blocked your BT ID and BT Mail address because we thought the email address *****@****** wasn't secure."

But the two mail addresses (I replaced the actual ones with *) are different ones.

So far, changing the passwords does seem to work, but it is very time consuming and frustrating.

I have emailed Lizzie regarding thiis.

0 Ratings
OLD-JUD
Contributor
Message 155 of 491

No emails for well over 24 hours, I really do need access folks, can anyone help?

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 156 of 491

Hi @OLD-JUD,

Click on my user name and then on contact the mods. We'll get this looked into for you. It may take us a few days to fix it but we will.

DanielS

0 Ratings
daisymay
Contributor
Message 157 of 491

Re: Lost access to primary email account following BTID/Mail merge

Ditto! No 'contact the mods' link. And yes, I am  logged in.

0 Ratings
daisymay
Contributor
Message 158 of 491

I also have this problem - since Tuesday 5th. Cannot see a 'contact the moderators' link on their pages.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 159 of 491

The link is only visible if invited by a mod to contact them.

0 Ratings
gblenk
Beginner
Message 160 of 491

Guessing the fix was deployed or someone at BT fixed it for me.  I logged into BTID this morning and the missing primary email account was there along with an option to reset its password.  So, I can finally log back in - thanks to whoever it was.

0 Ratings