cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4woodend
Contributor
Message 31 of 491

Re: Is this a clue to why people are being locked out?

if you are interested in the problem which seems common to many, the note from Safecontractor in the thread "Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop" describes the problem pretty well.   I understand the email system to be BT Mail (becuase of the link to BT ID) and that is certainly the situation in my case.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 491

Btyahoo accounts are also linked to BT ID
0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 33 of 491

They are not visible in my BT ID (even when both BT Mail and Yahoo Mail emails are working)

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 491

I checked the thread you mentioned and it re-enforces what I said about people assuming the same problem etc.

Nobody on the thread mentions what email system they are on. Safecontractor states he has the same problem as the OP yet the OP says that he only uses webmail and the problem started when he was asked to verify his BTID.  Safecontractor states he can log onto BT and makes no mention that he was asked to verify his BTID and goes onto state he uses an ipad and can access his email via that.

Do you now see what I am saying?

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 35 of 491

I think Safecontractor was but is no longer able to access emails via ipad.   Being locked out of the "compromised" email accounts means not only can I not login to webmail but no longer "see" the accounts in my BT ID.   I doubt, however, if our chat will help resolve the issue and shall not respond further to you.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 491

I won't bother in trying to help you in that case!

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 37 of 491

In MYBT I cannot see any of my products, extras or services.  They are re-doing my new contract, obviously.  There's no harm in trying mail.yahoo.com as the logon (get rid of the https:// if it appears) if you're still with BTYahoo.  Once in, bookmark and never sign off from the server.  Repeat: the lady in India reckoned it definitely had something to do with my change of telephone service via MYBT and the issuing of a new contract on their systems.

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 38 of 491

Viario - your suggestion allows access only to those bt yahoo accounts which have not yet migrated to BT Mail.   The BT Mail accounts remain locked out...

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 39 of 491

Just to clarify points which other contributors have raised ... perhaps I haven't explained myself clearly ;

1. I cannot log in to any email via BT Mail, via Ipad or Windows Live mail and haven't been able to for almost a week.
  2. I have used those 3 systems, literally, for years with no problems .. at all.
  3. Problem started with BTMail not allowing me to Log In to email, putting up message that BT was taking me on journey ( and Boy, Oh Boy is it doing that !!!!! ) and continually requiring new input of all personal details...... changing password ... etc., etc., confirming new (?) BTID then going back to starting the journey again.
  4. Yes, it happily allows me to log in to BT ( with the email address and password they now say is not accepted ... just try and work that out, then !!! ) .... their system previously only required this once .... when then clicking onto Email tab... you were connected without further Log In ...
  5. ... all that has gone down the tubes and I am where I am.

Still no advice from anyone as to where this can be resolved, preferably on a British telephone number, and where constructive action can be requested and acted upon ?????

Safecontractor.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 40 of 491

Have you tried opening an account with Outlook?  That got my mail eventually when I was locked out.  Windows Live (I had an old account on another laptop) didn't work.  Are you with BT mail or Yahoo?

0 Ratings