Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

He told me bt don't do data backups. Surely that can't be true
0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 442 of 491

*** MESSAGE FOR MODS PLEASE HELP! URGENT ****

Please help! Not only am I trapped in an endless loop of login/password requests, but I got a message saying my account has been suspended and it will be permanently deleted on 14-9-2016, i.e. TODAY, if I don't use it 'in next days' (sic). So I'm trying to use it, and I'm stuck in the bug/loop.

I went through this once before (October 2015), when everybody else did too, and my account was reactivated with great difficulty. I don't use it to email, rather it's the email address which was used for other applications.

Is my account about to be permanenetly deleted today? Seems an odd coincidence. What can the Irish guys do to sort this one out?

0 Ratings
cheesed
Aspiring Contributor
Message 443 of 491

I've just tried logging in via yahoo, as suggested further up this thread.

It accepts my username, but when I put in the password (which was initially accepted by bt.com just now) it says:

The email and password that you entered don't match.

What is going on? That was obviously the correct password, because bt.com accepted it and gave me the message about my account being suspended, maybe 10 minutes ago. So why is it wrong now?

HELP NEEDED!

0 Ratings
KV1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 444 of 491

I have found as of this morning that I am unable to access my email - every time I click on or log in to the email link, it bounces me back to the home page. Looking at this thread, this seems to be a serious problem and people are facing losing their accounts. Needless to say, I need that account and the emails within it back. I am already currently embroiled in one mess with BT and am still seriously considering leaving it if isn't resolved. If I have to face another round of the at times atrocius customer service I have recently received, I think I'll lose my mind. I have a contact at BT for my existing problem called Gary Wylie but I can only contact him via a designated email address - guess which one? If there is a way to fix it, please help. If there isn't, I will be looking elsewhere for my service provider because I have had more than enough of this. I don't need this kind of stress.

0 Ratings
KV1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 445 of 491

I've just tried from work and at present it is back. I hope it stays that way, the other messages in this thread are very concerning.

0 Ratings
Kayell
Contributor
Message 446 of 491

I'm also in the dreaded BT loop, bouncing from screen to screen and always ending up on the BT.com page.  I sent out a lot of emails yesterday and need to deal urgently with the replies which will be building up. 

Can someone please let us know how long this is going to go on or, better still, fix it....?

0 Ratings
Kayell
Contributor
Message 447 of 491

PS   Just as I was pressing Post, I spotted the box which says "email me when someone replies".

Oh, the irony....

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 448 of 491

This has just started happening to me as well.

Is it a BT issue?

0 Ratings
jonmanley
Contributor
Message 449 of 491

Back now.

0 Ratings
cav
Beginner
Message 450 of 491

I'm stuck in the loop, too. I haven't been told my account is to be suspended, thank goodness, but whatever I do I *cannot* get to my web inbox - I just get thrown back to the BT home page.

0 Ratings