cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedreamweaver
Beginner
Message 51 of 491

Re: Locked out of bt email - stuck in a loop

And my email address isn't listed under 'my email addresses'. What changed? Can't access my account through android mail, windows live mail, bt web page. Error message on android is that it can't contact the server or something similar. Windows live mail keeps wanting me to put the password in. As for the webpage I've given up. Just annoying that we're off on holiday in two weeks and I need my account and emails back 😞
0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 52 of 491

Good luck.   I have been locked out for more than 5 days with absolutely no progress or information.   To say that this has caused some inconvenience is an understatement - but who in BT cares?   And what more can I do?

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 53 of 491

The sight and knowledge of this number of people in absolute chaos with no apparent chance of having service re-instated, fills me with despair ................ can I point out a few items ??? ... bearing in mind, we are the customers.

1. Sorry to appear ignorant or rude ... but who or what are " The Moderators " ..??? ... are they BT personnel and if so, surely they have brought these increasing and serious problems to someone's attention in BT ... and to someone in BT who can do something ... Fast !!!!
  2.  If they're not BT, just what exactly can they, or are they, doing ?? ... and shouldn't they be telling all the people in this mess and posting furiously here, just what is going on?
  3. It's worth pointing out that an my initial chat line contact with BT at the start of this mess, I did get a Fault No... presumably my only reference point ... have other people done, or have, the same ?
  4. If, at some future time, when we all have email service back, what compensation are we due from BT and how do we go about getting it ??
  5. Anyone emailed the CEO of BT ...??? ... I'm doing that today if my promised call does not result in Service.
  6. A liitle ex BT bird has told me that the explanation given to me regarding Server dropping me out .... is total Technical rubbish ...surprise, surprise !! ... and that "India" should be able to take over our computers and correct fault within minutes.... (they had done that with me a couple of years ago ... and did it on my first call ).

All comments welcome.

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 54 of 491

@safecontractor wrote:

The sight and knowledge of this number of people in absolute chaos with no apparent chance of having service re-instated, fills me with despair ................ can I point out a few items ??? ... bearing in mind, we are the customers.

1. Sorry to appear ignorant or rude ... but who or what are " The Moderators " ..??? ... are they BT personnel and if so, surely they have brought these increasing and serious problems to someone's attention in BT ... and to someone in BT who can do something ... Fast !!!!  They are BT and agree.
  2.  If they're not BT, just what exactly can they, or are they, doing ?? ... and shouldn't they be telling all the people in this mess and posting furiously here, just what is going on?
  3. It's worth pointing out that an my initial chat line contact with BT at the start of this mess, I did get a Fault No... presumably my only reference point ... have other people done, or have, the same ?
  4. If, at some future time, when we all have email service back, what compensation are we due from BT and how do we go about getting it ?? No compensation, email is a 'free' add on service as far as BT is concerned.
  5. Anyone emailed the CEO of BT ...??? ... I'm doing that today if my promised call does not result in Service.
  6. A liitle ex BT bird has told me that the explanation given to me regarding Server dropping me out .... is total Technical rubbish ...surprise, surprise !! He probably told you wrong, there is obviously a server/database problem in BT's email network somewhere ... and that "India" should be able to take over our computers and correct fault within minutes.... (they had done that with me a couple of years ago ... and did it on my first call ). Extremely doubtful, the problem is not with your machine.

All comments welcome.

Safecontractor

In fairness to the mods, they are probably as frustrated as you are. The history of communication between 'the email team' and the rest of BT is not good. They always want to treat what is obviously a system wide failure as multiple individual problems.

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 55 of 491

Thanks for that ... everyone will be interested in the comments below, taken from the MSE website a few minutes ago, from a person initiating Court action in Feb of this year against Libby Barr Managing Director, Consumer Customer Care at BT PLC.. how crackers must it be for people to have reach this stage ??

Surely we're not going to have to do this ... sorry ... can't ... no email !

Happy to relay my nightmarish experience of this shambolic mob in a later posting but to GREATLY abbreviate matters namely but not exhaustively I have been:
1/ deprived me of any service for four weeks due to their maladministration
2/ I have been systematically lied to.
3/ I have a record of being on the phone regarding attempting to resolve THEIR error for over eight hours.
4/ Promised calls (from BT) not returned.
5/ BT staff terminating calls simply because they do not know what to do.
6/ Receiving a plethora of unwelcome / unsolicited 'welcoming' messages for a service to which I had been subscribing since the inception of the internet.
7/ Had engineers instructing me to conduct repeated resets of my equipment with loss of valuable data when throughout my 'loss of service' is was a "BT data integrity issue" and I repeatedly told BT that my loss of service and the renewal of my existing contract was no 'coincidence'
8/ Had to wait in for an engineer who laughed and said there was nothing wrong with the equipment and that it was an "administrative issue".
9/ Had complaints 'escalated', had the issue repeatedly passed on to 'level 2" managers only for me to receive no further contact and be left waiting for promised calls which never come (nine counting to date.
I could go on... (and on)...(and on)...

Well, well, well ...!!!

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 56 of 491

To David M ... Moderator .....

...... apologies ... just noticed your post of 20.06.16 at 14.50 hours ...

........ you've asked myself and A N Other to email you .... er .... this is all about not having any email facilities ...!!!

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 57 of 491

Its a web form. If you click on David M's profile you should see a link to contact the mods.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 58 of 491

As per the moderators post

@safecontractor 

If you haven't already raised a fault for this please drop me over an email with your details and I'll look into it for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

You will find the link mentioned in his post here

Mod.jpg

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 59 of 491

Safecontractor - your earlier messages accurately reflect my own experience.   BT were notified of a BT Email fault 5 days ago (and the mods DanielS 4 days ago).   The problem remains unresolved with no indication of when a solution may be forthcoming.

If you do decide to email the CEO you will receive a rapid and positive response (which is more than you will get from anyone else in BT).   Having said that I still have no access to my email accounts....

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 60 of 491

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS !!! ...................

Received confirmation at 8.15 this a.m. of a forthcoming call from "Level 2" due between 9 and 11 a.m.

Call came at 9.15. a.m.

Person took over my computer, re-instated connection ( but with new email address ) ... emails up and working by 9.50 a.m.

Had to connect WLM myself with new address ( easy ) ... so that works ..... not tried IPAD yet.... have lost emails from days off line .. small price to pay for re-instatement.

What can I say ?????? ... excuse given ??? .. I hadn't used email for 10 / 14 days ( totally untrue !!! ) so email address "compromised" and was "binned".

Safecontractor

0 Ratings