Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Osprey31
Beginner
Message 1 of 16

Login to McAfee / BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

Trying to get into My Account on McAfee / BT Virus Protect but it asks for my email and password details. To my knowledge I have never created an account and cannot find anywhere to do so. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
DavidM
Message 2 of 16

Re: Login to McAfee / BT Virus Protect

Go to solution

Hi @Osprey31 and thanks for posting.

Have you managed to get this sorted? Have you tried your BTiD log in details (if you have one)?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Osprey31
Beginner
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Hi David I did try my BTID and it didn't work (I changed the password in 2015 so that may have been the reason it didn't work). Now I can't remember how I got to the login page!

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Osprey31 Thanks for checking that and posting back. 

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Osprey31
Beginner
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Hi John

Problem now solved, early this morning whilst watching the cricket! Thanks to all for your assistance / thoughts.

0 Ratings
Sezzer
Beginner
Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Sorry, I see this was a while ago now, but can you remember how you did it please?

Thanking you

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @Sezzer, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, can you try uninstalling the virus protect software then install it following the below steps.

1. Visit My BT and log in to find out which version you get. Scroll down to 'Use your extras, at no extra cost' and click Manage your extras, look for the BT Virus Protect panel and click Get Started
  2. Follow instructions to activate BT Virus Protect and begin the download
  3. Download and install it, looking for the McAfee icon in your system tray, which means you're protected

We recommend that you only have one version of security software on your computer. BT Virus Protect will usually detect your existing security software as part of the installation process. It will either ask you to uninstall it or do it for you.

0 Ratings
malik0001
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution

Good evening I have the same problem.

I have been using bt virus protect for years and i have always been using the find your phone feature with no problem.

But for some reasons after logging in to My BT then going to bt virus protect all devices page which has tabs each device that is registered - it now asks for an additional user name and password or an option for mobile phone number and pin number.

I have tried using My bt login details but it finds it invalid. Also tried phone number and pin and I know these details on 6 different devices and it doesn't accept. Next I have also tried to go through the forgot password section and I don't receive any emails. I have called Bt and they have told me they do not know the problem and how to solve and in turn asked me to contact Mcfee. Mcfee have told me they don't deal with BT customers and to cont BT again. Please help thank you

0 Ratings
malik0001
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Hi how did you solve the problem.

Thank you

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Try posting on the McAfee forum. Don't mention it is the BT version you have.

0 Ratings