cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Long Line - placed order with a low speed estimate, anyone think it could be better??

After a long time of not being able to order a fibre product, the checker finally says i can.

It estimates 3mb for adsl and 2mb for fibre.

I currently sync at about 10.5mb on adsl which shows the checker is out by quite a bit.

I have placed an order assuming that my fibre speed would hopefully be better that the quoted estimate, would anyone agree with that or am i going to be dissapointed?

My line is long but must be of good quality as it is a pretty decent speed at the moment.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Long Line - placed order with a low speed estimate, anyone think it could be better??

If you are estimated at 2Mbps and you have a long line from the cabinet you are going to be very disappointed and wasting your money. Infinity is VDSL2.

Speed Graph.gif

0 Ratings
Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Long Line - placed order with a low speed estimate, anyone think it could be better??

I cannot see how you were able to order at such a low speed as the cut-off for Infinity is 15Mbps as a minimum.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

sub 15 contracts

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I thought the broadband with fibre option 3 had a fault level of 5mb so this would be below that. Would be better on adsl with faster speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Take a walk to your nearest cabinet and take note of how far away it is. 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

and the conclusion is that i get 7.5mbps on very long line fibre install, lower than my adsl speed though

0 Ratings