cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twopennybit
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Long emails in the new BT mail

I regularly receive some quite lengthy emails, too long to be displayed in webmail in one go.  Any other webmail I've ever used offers the option to expand in some way, but since the changeover the new BT mail presents me with the bald statement "MAX_LENGTH_EXCEEDED" and no possibility I can find of doing anything further at all. Anyone else had this problem? The only get-around I've found so far is to forward them as an attachment to a gmail account, but all I really want is just to be able to read them. Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Long emails in the new BT mail

The other alternative is to use a mail client such as Windows Live mail or Thunderbird. Both free and straightforward to configure.

pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

@licquorice wrote:

The other alternative is to use a mail client such as Window)s Live mail or Thunderbird. Both free and straightforward to configure.

Couldn't agree more. Of course the BT Mail problems need to be resolved, but an email client will overcome most of them at a stroke as well as being more secure. It has to be a better option hassle than persisting with less than perfect webmail and whining about it here, repetitively by at least one individual (not in this thread I hasten to add).

A cynic might think ISPs encourage webmail only for the advertising revenue.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
twopennybit
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I do use an email client already and generally download emails at home in the evening, but when I'm out and about or at work during the day I read and respond via webmail.

Being able to open and read an email in webmail seems a fairly normal expectation to me, length notwithstanding, and having read through the forum I've not seen this raised anywhere else. Hence I'm simply wondering if it's a known glitsch with a fix on the way, or something others have experienced?

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

I use webmail similarly when abroad just keep an eye on things. I've not had any problems with the length of received messages, though of course my experience of the new BT Mail thus far is limited.

I'm asking the forum moderators if they can post any info about this.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings