cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Long standing issue with Caller Display

Hello, I hope someone may be able to help.

We have had no caller display service since just before Christmas, some six or so weeks ago now.

I must have called 151 nearly 10 times, received several calls back, one visit from Openreach, made three BT complaints, had my reported fault closed several times as the "end user says it is working" (I presume that is me? I certainly havent told anyone at BT it is working!), and must have been on the phone trying to solve this issue for more than 5 or 6 hours in total.  What a waste of my time.

Essentially, my elderly and disabled parents receive lots of marketing, sales, unwanted type phonecalls etc, and with caller display previously it has helped them decide if they want to pick up the phone or not.  They want to answer calls to friends and family etc, but not to these "nuisance" calls.

Everything worked fine til just before Christmas, when we found out Caller Display was now going to be a chargeable service.  I dont mind paying for something if it works, and we "opted in".

However, we still have difficulties with caller display.

17070 works fine.

*#234# tells me callers ID will be displayed.

Several openreach engineers checked exchange and uploaded new software etc.

The problem still exists some 6 or more weeks on!

This cannot continue.  I am just going round in circles all the time, speaking with various people on the phone at BT. 

What can I do next?  Citizens Advice?, Ombudsmen?, letter to BT Chairman? 

We are not happy bunnies here, but if anyone could help......I would be exceptionally grateful!!

Thank you.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Message 2 of 13

Re: Long standing issue with Caller Display

Hi Jones01656,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the problems your Parents are having.  I'm happy to help get things sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

Thank you RobbieMac.  I do hope you may be able to help us.  I have done as you advised.

What happens next?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

the forum mods will contact you personally by either email or phone normally within 3/5 working days
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

Thank you.

This problem has only existed since the time when there was huge openreach activity in our locality due to the exchange being upgraded to Fibre Broadband soon.  Lots of activity in telephone cabinets (?) on the streets as well.  Since the engineers have gone off the streets, this problem has developed.

I wonder if there is a link?  

I am not posting the above to apportion any blame, just to provide as much information that may be relevant to our problem, and hoping for a speedy solution.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Still no solution, nearly two months now!  Smiley Frustrated

Not good.  Can I get a refund please on the caller ID service as I believe I have been paying £1.75/month since January 4th?

I still want to problem sorted by the way......

Any update RobbieMac?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

once you mail reaches the top of the mods mail queue Robbie or one of the mod team will contact you personally by email or phone normally within 3/5 working days
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 13

@Jones01656 wrote:

Still no solution, nearly two months now!  Smiley Frustrated

Not good.  Can I get a refund please on the caller ID service as I believe I have been paying £1.75/month since January 4th?

I still want to problem sorted by the way......

Any update RobbieMac?

Thanks.

Did you agree a new contract  because in your earlier post you say

"

Everything worked fine til just before Christmas, when we found out Caller Display was now going to be a chargeable service.  I dont mind paying for something if it works, and we "opted in". "

if you did then you will not have been paying for caller ID

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

No we did not agree to a new contract, although that was one of the options, but we agreed to pay £1.75/month (I think) for this calling feature, which we have not had!   My mother who is recovering from a major internal operation for cancer needs to know who is calling her, so she does not have to answer a number she does not recognise, mostly sales calls! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

Hi Jones01656 I think  i am in the same boat as u reported fault again. How are u getting on with your moderator RobbieMac?

0 Ratings