cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjanddaz
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Looking for Help - Sorry long post!

Phoned BT on the 9th Nov to arrange a home move, was given a install date of 10th Dec for my line & infinity, no problem i thought i can live without a phone and infinity for 2 weeks (moved home on the 29th nov)

10th Dec comes (appointment 1-6) engineer no-show!! after various call i was told someone would call back once they have spoken to openreach, no call back

11th Dec after speaking to many different people again was told they will open a dispute with openreach and they will call back within 24 hours to offer an appointment with 10 days, receive no call from openreach

14th & 16th Dec receive an email stating my appointment is on the 17th Dec between 1-6

17th Dec my appointment is supposed to be today between 1-6, at 12.30 i receive a call from order management saying that my appointment has been made for the 6th Jan for my install! Saying i have 2 emails from BT stating today is my install day they say there is nothing on their system, after speaking with various people all say that nothing exists on the system for the 17th, so in a rage i told them if it was not installed today i would be cancelling, sorry sir it will not be possible today so i cancelled the order

18th Dec wake up today regretting that i cancelled the order as iam now stuck with nothing!!! so what would be the best way forward to get the order back on track?

Sorry for the long post

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Looking for Help - Sorry long post!

I think you will need to start again and re order the package you want but the moderators have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

0 Ratings
jjanddaz
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Also I was still in a contract a my old address, does the contract get cancelled when moving or are they going to try and charge me with a early termination fee?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

If you cancelled your contract you will be hit with early termination fees. If you only cancelled the home move, which is what I thought you were talking about, then the contract for the old address should still be running. In any event I'm sure the moderators will be able to help you sort it out.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 5 of 9

Hi Jjanddaz,

I would like to take a look at your order to see what is happening. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact Us" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

jjanddaz
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

any news?

0 Ratings
jjanddaz
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

got a new installation date of the 16th jan as i cancelled my old order a new order had to be processed, now i can't log into a bt wifi hotspot near my house keeps saying username/password incorrect, i know my bt id and password is correct what can i do about this? Already phoned support, totally useless!!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

You have to use your primary email address and password which may be different from your BT ID which you use to log into MyBT.

0 Ratings
jjanddaz
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

My wife who is diabetic has just been told by her doctor that BT will install a line much quicker if there is a medical reason, is this true? and who should I contact if it is indeed true as its still 10 days away from my appointment

0 Ratings