cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cowboybert
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Looking for help

After recently leaving BT & then rejoining (long story)

I have been left with several problems...

When I rejoined I was asked for an email address & I chose cowboybert{AT}btinternet.com    It turns out that despite it being spelt out phonetically the person taking the details inputted the name as cowboydert.

I have rung & asked for this to be changed as I want to use the email address... but it has already been taken.... BY ME.... 4 years ago (I have NOT been with BT before 2008, so I am not sure how this is possible) but the account has my old address on & my etc... So I conceed that I must of had an address with BT...

So I have rung up & asked for it be changed... but all they keep saying is... I need to log in as cowboydert for access... which is not what I asked for... I have the password for cowboybert{AT}btinter... So why can't I use it...?

Problem 2....

When I log into Cowboydert{AT}btinternet.com... it says that I am only a Option 1 user so I can't download Netprotectplus...

Problem 3...

To view my bills/usage... i use my private gmail address.... This still has details of my old account on... & when I try to add my new account.. it says there is a problem.... 

Is there any mod out there who can help sort out these problems... as technical & billing seem totally unable to grasp the problems....   (as in... with problem 1.. they keep telling me it's taken by someone else... no it hasnt.... because it has emails addressed to me & the password & all the details are mine)

Cheers CB

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Looking for help

@cowboybert wrote:

Is there any mod out there who can help sort out these problems... as technical & billing seem totally unable to grasp the problems....   (as in... with problem 1.. they keep telling me it's taken by someone else... no it hasnt.... because it has emails addressed to me & the password & all the details are mine)

Cheers CB

Hi.

You might like to amend your post to remove the email address references.

0 Ratings
cowboybert
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

As the root of the problem is down to email addresses... it would seem appropriate that they be there....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

@cowboybert wrote:

As the root of the problem is down to email addresses... it would seem appropriate that they be there....

This is true to a certain extent, but as these forums are "googled", then spambots and indeed manual spammers can pick them up - so it's best to at least "mung" them, or say use "AT" and "Dot" or similar when typiing addresses.

cowboybert
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Sounds like a plan... thanks!

0 Ratings
cowboybert
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

It appears that the wheels are in motion on this, so I may not need any assisitance, so apologies for the post!

0 Ratings