cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Looking up Connection Problem

I am seeing this constantly, despite resarting both my hub and router, and the PC, and looking to see if there are any problems in my area, anyone have any idea's what could be causing this please?

Phoning BT up is well just a waste of time, it started a couple of days ago and seems to be getting worse, I went to the 'Goolge' homepage and you can see it trying to connect eventually it times out, but when you try it again it connects.

So much for Super Fast Broadband, I reckon the wet string is drying out that they have used for my line!

Anyone else had problems like this, and what are the recommendations please?

TIA.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Looking up Connection Problem

Hi Welcome to the forums

Here are some help pages done by CL Keith http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/adslmenu.html

also post your full hub stats by entering 192.168.1.254 into your web browser address bar and navigate to adsl or use a-z, if netgear enter 192.168.0.1

Can you also post the full results from BT Speedtest speedtester.bt.com  speedtest.jpg

Have you tried connecting to the test socket at the rear of the master socket  testsocket2.jpg

Have you tried the quiet line test? - dial 17070 option 2 - should hear nothing - best done with a corded phone. if cordless phone you may hear a 'dull hum' which is normal

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

John,

Looking at their other thread, this is an Infinity problem, not ADSL.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Ok thanks Keith I had not read any earlier posts from the OP  it would help if they posted  which service they had

0 Ratings