Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arifax
Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Loop the loop

I am moving to BT from Sky.

My Sky+ box outputs a modulated RF signal as well as HDMI etc.  I pick this up, add it to the aerial loop around the house, and anyone in any room could watch the output form the Sky box.

My Humax T1010 won't do this.

What is the best way to get a modulated signal out of that box?  I have seen a comment elsewhere suggesting that you can only take SCAT or HDMI out - using one disables the other.  Is that right? 

If not, can anyone recommend a (cheap!) modulator?  I tried modulating the SCART signal out of a DVD box a while ago for the same purpose and the result was dreadful.

If the SCART really is disabled, does anyone have any other recommendation?

TIA

Arifax

Geoff
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
andyh
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Loop the loop

H, I always avoided getting my silver Vision box replaced as it had Modulator out. Since this died I have the BT Humax and use an old modulator that I have had for years. I don't know about the HDMI / SCART interaction but I use HDMI for TV, Audio Optical Out for Surround Sound Amp and I use a standard 3 way AV RCA cable - red, white, yellow for the modulator. The only difference I see is that only picture is output on the Yellow RCA, ie no EPG screen info, setup screens etc that are generated by the box, I just get the tiny PinP in the top right when not showing a full screen picture. Obviously this is really no problem at all for normal viewing.

Andy.

0 Ratings