cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Loosing my head

Spoiler
Help!!!

Hi can anyone help me out here. I’ve just moved home last week and have been trying to find a broadband provider or someone with fibre which has come to no avail at my new address . I’ve contacted the usual BT,virgin, Sky and  they said we didn’t have access to fibre which is mental as next door have fibre.The most I have been able to get speed wise is a maximum of 1-3mb download for standard broadband which is mental because the open reach cabinet is outside my home. Now that for me is just mind boggling as before I was getting at least 100mb at my previous address. I can’t play games like cod in my spare time. I can’t even watch Netflix in hd with that…..  Can someone help me out on what I can do to see if I can get FFTP or FFTC. Or how to even go about having fibre with installed or what not at my address. I’m literally at my wits end coming home from work and having nothing to do. I also done a broadband checker and got these results can someone help me understand what they mean it will be much appreciated. 

Address 1, SUNDERLAND on Exchange SUNDERLAND NORTH is served by Cabinet 2
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33030--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability DateWBC ADSL 2+ADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 3----Available
Up to 2.5----Available
1----Available
1----Available
Other Offerings Availability DateADSL Multicast
Available
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y

The premise/line is associated with exchange which is NOT part of current fibre priority programme.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where WLR is not withdrawn.

The premise/line is associated with exchange where SOADSL service is restricted.

FTTP is not available.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

Actual speeds experienced by end users and quoted by CPs will be lower due to a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for IPstream is from 30 Nov 2012. The Formal Retirement date for IPstream is from 30 Jun 2014.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Thank you for your interest

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Loosing my head

@Tempy99x 

This is a BT Retail Customer Forum. Its Openreach that provide the network.

You would have to ask next door, what sort of Openreach equipment is installed in their house if you say they have a fast connection.

See if they have something like this installed, which is for an FTTP connection.

Capture.JPG

If not, then something similar, like an Openreach box with lights on it.

Bear in mind that unless you intend to place an order with BT Retail, this forum cannot give you much advice.

Is this a new build property?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

CityFibre is currently rolling out FTTP in Sunderland, are you sure your neighbors aare not with them?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

If next door have ‘fibre’ post the return for their address ( or phone number if you know it , and they are using Openreach but not with TT or Sky )
How close is your neighbour with fibre , part of the same semi, part of the same terrace, or detached but ‘next door’ or within how many metres ?

its not meant to be flippant, but if good broadband speed is essential, it would have been better to check in advance , as , although there are many schemes by many providers to install FTTP , it’s going to be many years before most addresses can get it, and it would be a waste of resources for a network provider to go for some other interim solution 

0 Ratings