Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
neilw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Lose openzone if I turn off bt fon?

Hello,

I want to turn off BT Fon on my network. When I visit the site it says BT WiFi will not be available to me.

Does this include public openzone sites too? the page is pretty rubbish in design and clarity and slightly threatening so I've no idea what will happen if I unsubscribe.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lose openzone if I turn off bt fon?

if you opt out of BTFON/BTWIFI then you will not be able to use and hotspts that require you to sign in to use them which would normally include BTFON/BT openzone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

If you buy a third party router, you will not transmit BT Fon but will still be able to use any hotspots. Having said that, transmitting BT FOn is no big deal,it is entirely secure from your home network and your home network has priority for bandwidth.

0 Ratings
neilw1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

I've just got so many problems with my rubbish Infinity that I want to try anything to fix it as BT show no interest.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Turning off BTWifi -Fon will not fix any problems you have with your broadband connection. If you have poor broadband speeds etc you should post exactly what the problem is in the appropriate board on the forum and hopefully somebody will be able to help you.

EDIT: I notice you have posted your problem already. It has nothing to do with BTWifi.

0 Ratings