Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 31 of 43

Re: Losing my patience now

Go to solution

Thats fine.

I was advised previously that it wasnt a bad idea to keep a record of your stats and this forum is a good place to do it.

Im not expecting a phone call anytime soon, I have been waiting for my 6pm Friday phonecall from the help desk for 3 days now. I am not holding my breath. This next comment isnt aimed at anyone on the forum but IMO it shows how incompetent the whole BT set up is!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 32 of 43

Go to solution

Submariner, I will agree with you the structure of BT isn't the best, its certainly not the worst.  I have been assured that they are bringing call centres back to the UK, although saying that they recently got rid of the UK based complaints departement.

But this forum is an asset to the company, you have great BT employees, like Kerry, Sean, Stuart, Stephanie, Paddy, David, and all the other mods.  Aswell what makes this a real community is good hearted posters like yourself! And the experets like John46, Imjolly, Toekneem, NilSatisOptimum, PC, Tommybobbins, RogerB, Devon_Dave and so on!

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 33 of 43

Go to solution

Edd,

Do you just read the bits of the threads that you want to and then comment on them??

I clearly stated in my previous post that my dissatisfaction was not aimed at anybody on this board and to add to your praise of all the staff involved, when my problem initially started Imjolly was nothing but helpful!

I also received a call this afternoon on my mobile and my landline, i am in the unfortunate position of still having a full time job and was unable to take the call, maybe thats why I asked for a call back after 6pm!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 43

Go to solution

No I do read all of them, but for some reason this one just seems to have the same moaning post all over it.  If the call was from an Irish chap then that would be a mod.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 35 of 43

Go to solution

If you read the posts and think I am just moaning Edd, do me a favour and dont comment on them, because to be fair all you are doing is boosting your post count and not really providing any help or advice that could alleviate my broadband issues, if however you feel you maybe able to help then please do feel free to contribute in a positive way.

P.S I am moaning because I currently pay £34 for a service that I am not getting. If you were in the same position wouldnt you moan?

P.P.S the call was from an Indian Lady.

P.P.P.s The hub has been reset today, I am assuming the phone call was to let me know something was being done.

Connection Information
Line state:Connected
Connection time:0 days, 04:11:10
Downstream:3.188 Mbps
Upstream:448 Kbps

ADSL Settings
VPI/VCI:0/38
Type:PPPoA
Modulation:G.992.1 Annex A
Latency type:Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up):14.0 dB / 24.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up):24.3 dB / 12.5 dB
Output power (Down/Up):19.5 dBm / 12.3 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up):5624392 / 4
CRC Events (Down/Up):73 / 0
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote):0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote):0 / 0
HEC Events (Down/Up):292 / 4
Error Seconds (Local/Remote):1156 / 75
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 36 of 43

Go to solution

Well, if I am to post a more helpful post, can I ask which of the following you have not done.  On your line you should really be achieving a full 8128kbps sync speed, unless of course you're on aluminium cable in which case you are stuffed.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 37 of 43

Go to solution

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2283 Kbps
 For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
 Additional Information:
 Your DSL Connection Rate :3264 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
 IP Profile for your line is - 2500 Kbps

I am already plugged directly into the test socket and have been as I was advised to do this right at the start of my issues.

A lot of the additional links you have provided there are replicated in RogerBs thread, I have moved my front room round on several occasions to ensure there is as little interference as possible.

I appreciate your help on this occasion. I have done as much as my tiny little mind will allow me to achieve, but at risk of sounding repetitive I am more concerned about leaving BT than I am going over and over things that I have already done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 43

Go to solution

you still have not made any progress with your connection which should easily do 8mb.  You really need the mods help and as you have had contact from mods then hopefully you will get a good outcome.  Just need to wait for mods to contact you again as Nils has said

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 39 of 43

Go to solution

Jolly,

Thanks for responding. I have now had a response from BT Customer Services and Tech Help. I can leave BT because I am not making any progress with this problem and also because of the Price increase that is due to happen in December. Thankfully I have received a phone call and an email confirming this.

As far as I am concerned the problem now solved as I have the exit from BT that I was after.

Many thanks for all that helped.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 43

Go to solution

good luck - hope you get the 8mb or better you should have

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings