cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Losing websites - BT Connections only

Using Infinity for a while now and generally happy but recently, some websites have stopped working, usually with an ERR_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT error message.  When it was only one or two, I didn't mind (there are alternate news sources after all) but recently, more have started doing it and it's getting annoying.

In the case of ebay for example, the main page works fine but when I go to messages.ebay or feedback.ebay then the error occurs

I've tried changing the DNS settings on my computer but as it's happening on all my devices and you can't change the DNS on an infinity router, this hasn't worked.  I've also done Traceroutes and (on occasion, not always) have seen two IP addresses bouncing back and forth until the end.  I've checked both of these and they're both known BT addresses.

It only happens with the BT connection.  If I switch to 3G on my phone or go through a proxy, the websites display properly.

There's no service errors I can see but I wondered if anyone else had any experience / fixes for this before I call customer service.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Losing websites - BT Connections only

Hi @SteveDM,

Did you get speaking with our Customer Services about it?

Let me know what happened and if you still have the same issue.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I've spoken to 3 people at BT today.  Did a full hub reset, opened up DMZ, nothing works to get these sites back.

The last person has raised it to the faults team so fingers crossed something will happen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

can you post the traceroutes for reference
0 Ratings