cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Loss of BBTalk

Very dissappointed with Bt following upgrade to Infinity...BBtalk has been disabled after requesting at time of order that Softphone use be retained,,(Not a problem I was told)..However BBtalk was disable before new hub was even fitted Numerous calls to help desk have had different answers Some are saying it's not possible...Some are saying that it could be renabled...I appreciate that the Hub phone will no longer work...but according to Bt custhelp site Softphone should still work with HH3..Hoveverr this still requires a BBtalk service...Today's offering was to run softphone setup and click on create softphone username if not a bbtalk customer...option dosen't work Help needed
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Loss of BBTalk

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they may be able to help you get BB Talk restored.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for reply ,have already sent a message to Mods

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Update

BBtalk has now been restored (with a new number) and I can confirm that it works with HH3

However I did have to contact Help Desk (India) to find out password

They are still adamant that Softphone will not work with Infinity..

Thanks to Stuart (Mod) for getting it sorted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

@poolside wrote:

Update

BBtalk has now been restored (with a new number) and I can confirm that it works with HH3

However I did have to contact Help Desk (India) to find out password

They are still adamant that Softphone will not work with Infinity..

Thanks to Stuart (Mod) for getting it sorted

Excellent Smiley Happy

Of course softphone should work, its only a basic SIP client.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

I am absolutely furious that I have lost my Broadband talk facility when ordering Infinity. If there was notice I did not see it until after placing the order which indicated the service "will be" discontinued. In fact it was switched off immediately.  I have had no sympathy from any support or complaints department in BT after a total of more that 5 hours on the phone.  My BBtalk number is gone for good, no one who has it can now contact me, my soft phone directories are gone and lost, and the 4 cordless oip phones that I have around the house are now scrap. No communiation provider should provide a number then withdraw it wiothout reasonable notice with no facility to divert or recover it. The claim it is not compatible is not true. Soft phone could continue to work fine regardless of which router you are using. I am completely fed up with BT who appear to take a completely calalier attitude to discontinuing services and removing numbers from service with no consideration at all for their users. COMPLETELYHOPELESS. I have elevated a complaint to the highest level in BT. I will see what they have to say. If they do not respond reasonably then I will refer to OFCOM..

0 Ratings