Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
banched
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Loss of access to All 4 On Demand via Smart TV and Tablet

Go to solution

Since switching to BT Fibre in Dec 2015 I've been unable to stream content via All 4 on my Panasonic Smart TV TX-42AS650B. I can stream OK via a Windows PC and an iPhone on the same network, but not the TV, since some time after the switch from Plusnet ADSL to BT Fibre. It used to work OK until recently.

Baically, the adverts run, and then the following error appears just before the program should play:

Video unavailable. Please try again later. (ALL4-011)

An Android tablet has a similar problem, only that it plays the audio but no video.

I will ask Panasonic for support too, but having seen similar complains on other non-BT forums which implied the ISP might help, I thought I'd post here just to see if anyone else has seen similar issues recently.

BBC iPlayer, ITV player and C5 all work fine one the same TV. My BT connection is good, 36Mb down and 9Mb up.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
brookheather
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Loss of access to All 4 On Demand via Smart TV and Tablet

Go to solution

Try turning off Smart Setup on your HH5 - it tries to display a setup screen for each new device which is really pointless - BT really need to remove this "feature".

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44415/~/what-is-smart-setup%3F

0 Ratings
KEW
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution
Hello,

Having the same problem with my tv. I phoned Panasonic who said it wasn't the tv. Freeview said it wasn't a problem at their end. I've emailed channel 4, and am waiting for a response...
0 Ratings
banched
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I reset the TV to factory defaults, and also changed it to use the 2GHz wifi signal rather than 5GHz and it now works OK with All 4.

Not sure which of those two things fixed it, probably the factory reset.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
most likely using the 2.4GHz wireless as many devices do not like 5GHz settings
0 Ratings
R13ALG
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi,

I have 2 fairly new Panasonic TVs and both have the same issue as described in the 1st post. I see the issue has been fixed by restoring the TV to factory settings and changing to 2ghz, I havent altered any of the TV settings to my knowledge and I have checked on the TVs where you can choose which wireless network to connect to and mine is shown as 2.4ghz. Can you give me any advice at all?? I should mention that I have a Home Hub 3.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
rosco70
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I had a message saying This conent is currently unavailable. Try again later (ALL4-001).

A factory reset of the TV solved the issue. 

0 Ratings
bradwilks
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Just want to say to anyone who comes across this forum post (it is the ranked no.1 on Google when you type "all4-011 error" into Google, so I'm guessing there might be a few of you), brookheather's reccomendation worked a treat for me.

I do use a BT router, which helps proceedings, however I'm quite sure that if youve been supplied a router from your ISP there could well be similar setting that could be disrupting things on it.

Cheers brookheather! 

0 Ratings
TobiasRieper
Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hello

I'm posting here as I have a similar problem (rather than start a new topic).

I have been successfully using my All4OD App on my PS3 and watching the programmes on my Sony TV for quite a while now.  All was good until last night.

I decided to delete the App and reinstall on my PS3 thinking that I might be able to get a slightly better quality picture. 

However, when I went to load up the 'new and updated' App on my PS3, it just froze after the intro advert.  The App loaded ok, programme appeared to load, advert ensued and then froze, to the point where I had to turn off my PS3 and back on again.  The home key wouldn't work !!

I tried to delete the App and reinstall a few times, but this didn't work.  I even restored settings (soft reset) but this didn't work either.  I then googled the issue as the error code said, 'All4-011 content unavailble', and I found this forum link here.  It is identical.

I can't believe it was working before I deleted the App and reinstalled, I should never have touched anything looking back now.  It was working perfectly fine.

I emailed All4 and they said the usual that they are aware of the issue with All4 and PS3 and their team are working on it, but this has been on going for years now !!!???  They said to keep deleting and reinstalling the App and to keep an eye for Service updates.

Is this still happening to people now ? (I know the PS3 market is dwindling due to newer technology i.e. PS4, Apple TV etc), but I can't be the only one having these problems ?

Regards

0 Ratings