Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellswhiskey
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Loss of broadband when phone rings - issue since 2008

Well good morning everyone

Yes I am now at a loss on what to do, and any advice someone could give me would be greatly appreciated because I don't know where else to turn.  This has been a recurring problem since 2008 (the last time was 1 year ago ) and I dare not tell you how many engineers we've had out, filters changed etc etc etc since 2008.

I have just again emailed BT along with the original reference number of the original complaint, (so Im hoping they will contact me over the next few days) is there anything I can ask of the BT engineers or if anybody rings on what they should be checking for??

I am now pleading for help

With warmest regards

Bells

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Loss of broadband when phone rings - issue since 2008

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

To enable forum members to help you, please could you look at Helping forum members to help you which asks you to do a few checks first, and has some helpful hints.
When you have done that, please post the results here, so members can offer advice.

Please use the test socket, if you have one, to eliminate any wiring issues, and avoid a possible charge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
bellswhiskey
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Many many thanks for the reply and will do as you ask as soon as I get home and can log into the BT forums. Im now really desperate I really don't know where else to turn.

Kindest regards

Bells

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@bellswhiskey wrote:

Many many thanks for the reply and will do as you ask as soon as I get home and can log into the BT forums.

Kindest regards

Bells

There is usually someone around to help. The main thing is to try and prove that its nothing in the house causing it, then you can report it as a fault, without worrying about being charged.

BT have a help page here which you might like to look at now.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32908/c/346

0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Hi bellswhiskey

You are not alone. I have the same problem, only intermittently. I have had 2 engineers visit, bought a new telephone, everything plugged in master socket (no extensions) and it still happens. I have a thread running, someone has suggested I try a different router now.

0 Ratings