cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 21 of 48

Re: Loss of speed on download

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
2762 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 2762 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 600-7150 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3552 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbps

DSL connection rate has dropped last week it was above 5000Kbps, and when the engineer came my IP profile was much higher the noise levels as per last message is still high

regards

Lyn

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 48

your profile has now risen from rock bottom 135 to 3000 which will help your download speed.  you need to maintain a stable connection and the noise margin will start to fall probably 3db at a time with increases on your connection speed and also increases in your profile

most important is your profile is not stuck at rock bottom 135

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 23 of 48

Download  Speed
724 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 724 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbp
s

can you explain the drop in Download speed ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 24 of 48

should be a lot higher contact the mods for assistance  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 25 of 48

BT Tech help now want to blame it on a fault on my bt landline despite 2 engineer checks, so have to wait to hear from them ping tests erratic and download erratic upload now erratic at 0.12

regards

Lyn

I will keep you posted on any further developments

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 48

I would complete the form and email mods just in case BT tech come up with nothing.  If they fix it then you won't need mod help but if they don't then at least you are in the mods queue

0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 27 of 48

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download  Speed
1231 Kbps

0 Kbps7150 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 1231 Kbps
 Additional Information:
 IP Profile for your line is - 3000 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 48

certainly looks like some congestion on your exchange as your throughput is fluctuating in the last 3 days

2762  15/5

724    16/5

1231   17/5

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 29 of 48

Hi navymedic82,

I have your email here, I'll check this now and get back to you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 30 of 48

ADSL line status Connection information Line state Connected Connection time 0 days, 0:17:39 Downstream 1,824 Kbps Upstream 448 Kbps ADSL settings VPI/VCI 0/38 Type PPPoA Modulation ITU-T G.992.1 Latency type Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up) 20.2 dB / 20.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up) 52.0 dB / 29.5 dB Output power (Down/Up) 18.4 dBm / 12.1 dBm Loss of Framing (Local) 81 Loss of Signal (Local) 8 Loss of Power (Local) 0 FEC Errors (Down/Up) 76 / 3 CRC Errors (Down/Up) 4 / 2147480000 HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0 Error Seconds (Local) 428

As you can see I lost my connection again this afternoon broadband light orange for about 30 seconds

this has been happening every week, the longest connection time has been about 5 days download now down to 1,824kbps noise margin up to 20.2, therefore I keep being told again and agian that it takes 3 to 5 days to stabalize, but just as the system sabalizes I loose connection and it all starts again

0 Ratings