cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 1 of 48

Loss of speed on download

Line state Connected Connection time 0 days, 0:11:52 Downstream 768 Kbps Upstream 448 Kbps ADSL settings VPI/VCI 0/38 Type PPPoA Modulation ITU-T G.992.1 Latency type Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up) 14.4 dB / 18.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up) 51.0 dB / 29.0 dB Output power (Down/Up) 17.5 dBm / 12.3 dBm Loss of Framing (Local) 0 Loss of Signal (Local) 0 Loss of Power (Local) 0 FEC Errors (Down/Up) 4 / 0 CRC Errors (Down/Up) 0 / 2147480000 HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 0 Error Seconds (Local) 0

Bt engineer came twice, 1st attemp re wired the house connection go 1.95 download

2nd engineer came yesterday replaced home hub got downstream to 3.95

today it dropped to 0.3 then up to 0.13 downstream

ping test all over the place was between 35 to 57

then whent up to 635 then 325 ping

does any one at BT realy CARE

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 48

Re: Loss of speed on download

can you run btspeedtester and post the results please

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 3 of 48

Bt speedtester:

Profile 3756

IP profile 135

but this changes every day no sability on the line

0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 4 of 48

just lost my connection again, so who is pulling the strings, phoned tech help they keep making promises that dont happen, I am about to cancel my Bt broadband and send a complaint to OFCOM< I am paying £30 per Month for a service that is not reliable, or  stable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 48

are you connected to the master or test socket or somewhere else?  have you tried the quiet line test dial 17070 option 2 should hear nothing and best done with a corded phone.

the stats you posted at the outset showed your noise margin at 14.4 is high as normal is 6 suggesting a possible noise problem on your line   with your 51 attenuation you should be able to get about 4/4.5mb on a good line with no noise problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 6 of 48

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
94 Kbps

0 Kbps250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed

Download speedachieved during the test was - 94 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3776 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 48

due to all the resets because of the work done your profile has dropped to rock bottom 135 instead of the correct 3000.  if you can maintain connectio 24/7 for 3/5 days maybe sooner your profile should return to normal

0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 8 of 48

FAQ

Results Image not loaded

<script type="text/javascript"></script> Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.

Download Speed
116 Kbps

0 Kbps250 Kbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 116 Kbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :3776 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

still no improvement, have done speedtest showing fluctuating ping test up 685, do you not agree that IP profile is little better than the old dial up internet speed,I have had enough with Bt intend to send a formal complaint to OFCOM as bt have failed get get back to me when they do they phone from INDIA and we get cut off so I will be off to a better provider soon

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 48

your profile is still 135 and as I said before it can take 3/5 days of being connected 24/7 for your profile to come back to normal.  you can read more about it here  http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/IPprofile.htm

have you been connected 24/7 since yesterday?

0 Ratings
navymedic82
Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 21:28:00
Downstream3,776 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA