cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 41 of 48

Re: Loss of speed on download

Line state Connected Connection time 0 days, 20:49:09 Downstream 1,984 Kbps Upstream 448 Kbps ADSL settings VPI/VCI 0/38 Type PPPoA Modulation ITU-T G.992.1 Latency type Interleaved Noise margin (Down/Up) 23.4 dB / 20.0 dB Line attenuation (Down/Up) 51.0 dB / 29.0 dB Output power (Down/Up) 18.6 dBm / 12.3 dBm Loss of Framing (Local) 297 Loss of Signal (Local) 131 Loss of Power (Local) 0 FEC Errors (Down/Up) 108207 / 2 CRC Errors (Down/Up) 86 / 2147480000 HEC Errors (Down/Up) nil / 2 Error Seconds (Local) 424

3 engineer tested the phone line he says no problem, but is now checking at the exchange end

still getting High ping tests of 543, bt speedtest was 75kbps

noise levels have remained high at 23.4 when I was told that it should be lower still waiting to hear from the broadband tech help side

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 42 of 48

Ps No one can explain to me why I keep losing my broadband connection so that each day I loose any stabilisation period

this is now getting behind a joke seriously considering cancelling with BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 48

just keep contacting mod StephanieG as I can't see anything you can actually do that you haven't done already

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 44 of 48

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information. Download Speed 114 Kbps 0 Kbps 250 Kbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 114 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :5440 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps

Tech department have just reset my hub above are the results of a bt speed test

but on speedtest.net the ping rate is still high at 253

Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 0:22:14
Downstream5,440 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings<script type="text/javascript"></script>
VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeFast
Noise margin (Down/Up)5.6 dB / 20.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)49.0 dB / 28.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.6 dBm / 12.2 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)308
Loss of Signal (Local)132
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)24 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)455
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 45 of 48

your connection speed is as high as I have seen at 5440 and your noise margin is down normal at 5.6.  you have changed to 'fast' instead of interleaved but not sure why.  Be interesting to see if you can maintain connection and get your profile up from rock bottom 135

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 48

Download Speed 48 Kbps 0 Kbps 250 Kbps Max Achievable Speed Download speedachieved during the test was - 48 Kbps For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 50-250 Kbps. Additional Information: Your DSL Connection Rate :4608 Kbps(DOWN-STREAM), 448 Kbps(UP-STREAM) IP Profile for your line is - 135 Kbps This test was not conclusive and further testing is required.This might be useful for your ISP to investigate the fault. this bt speed test asking me to proceed to test 3 but I cannot re set log in as they ask

as you can see the connection rate has dropped from last night ip profile still 135 again on speedtest.net high ping test at 335

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 47 of 48

Hi I agree with imjolly's earlier comments you need the mods intervention on this one as your line has stability issues

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 48

your are never going to get away from 135 profile without mod help.  you need to contact the mods or StephanieG. 

0 Ratings