cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

Lost Land line number

Go to solution

I have recently switched back to BT from PlusNet for FTTP broadband and a landline.  I have had the same landline number for 15 years and have changed my provider from BT to Plusnet twice with no problems.  Yet this time, my number has been changed.  I cannot get through to BT on the phone and can find no reference as to how I can get BT to get my number back off PlusNet.  Please, please help...anyone!!!!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lost Land line number

Go to solution

have you always been on FTTP or is the first time?  Do you have a standard copper landline or is phone by connecting to the ONT.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

This is the first time we have been able to have fibre.  I live in a rural area.  the telephone is still on the old copper wire.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

I have rang my old number and it sounds like it is unobtainable and therefore I presume has not been reallocated yet.  All I need to know is how do I notify BT that I want my old number back if I can't get through on the phone?  thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

@Brickyard1 

Are you living at the same address as you were, when BT first gave you your phone number?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Yes. I have been living here for 15 years with the same number.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

They should be able to request a renumber, provided its been released by Plusnet.

Please bear in mind that with the current crisis, it could take a long time for one of them to deal with your request.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Many thanks Keith.  Your help is appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Brickyard1, welcome to the community and thanks for posting, this is, unfortunately, something that the moderation team can't help you with as we're unable to place orders for customers that have FTTP lines, sorry. The best way to request your number back would be to speak directly to the FTTP team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

All sorted! A quick call to the FTTP team on Sunday resulted in my number being returned today.  How simple was that if only I had known who to contact.  Many thanks to those who helped me.