Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Lost recordings from old style Bt box to You view box

Go to solution

I was provided with a new you view box last week as my old box wasn't working. The engineer installed it and seems work fine. However all my recordings have gone. Is their a feature that I am missing and should be available?

I only pay £5 a month for BTTV so is that considered a starter pack on you view and you have to pay extra for a box that will record? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lost recordings from old style Bt box to You view box

Go to solution

your recordings are stored on the box - when you replace the box with a new one then all the recordings will not be on the new box.

I dont think that there is a way of transferring the recordings to the new box

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

If you've got a box that records, then it will continue to record whatever package you are currently on.  It's a feature of the box, not the package.  The box would still be able to record even if you cancelled BT TV entirely.

The boxes (deliberately) have no documented way to get recordings off one box and onto another.  So if your old box died, then all the recordings went with it.  If you had series recordings set up, then you will need to set up those on the new box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks I only had one film so no great loss. Good to know I can still use the recording function.
0 Ratings