cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grrr1969
Message 1 of 10

Lost wifi connection in Samsung netbook and Android phone but iPod/iPad okay

Go to solution

As the title states. I have lost wifi connection in both my netbook and phone but the iPod and iPad belonging to other members of the household are ok.

I can connect the netbook using an Ethernet connection and it works fine (using that now) but have tried the BT Home Hub help wizard to get the wireless connection going again and after trying various things the only option remaining is to call the BT helpdesk

This has been going on for 3 days now. Had BT Infinity for over a year now without problems (except the occasional router re-start)

Does anyone have any suggestions?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Lost wifi connection in Samsung netbook and Android phone but iPod/iPad okay

Go to solution

Welcome. 

You havent by any chance done any Samsung plateform updates recently have you - assuming your phone is (also) a Samsung.  You might need a close look at the settings  for wi fi, possibly start from scratch with it/them?

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Grrr1969
Message 3 of 10

Re: Lost wifi connection in Samsung netbook and Android phone but iPod/iPad okay

Go to solution
Thanks for replying, my phone sometimes does random updates and yes it is also Samsung - will investigate!
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

I had the same problem with two Samsung Galaxy Ace's. I had to reset to defaults using an unwound paperclip to reset the Home Hub.

0 Ratings
Grrr1969
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
It's a Galaxy Ace I have - do you mean resetting the Home Hub not the phone? Thanks for replying!
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Yes the hub. I have a version 2 and there is a small pin hole on the right hand side.

Guru
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

It resets all the settings so you will have to set up password again but I did try staic IP addresses etc but that didn't work.

0 Ratings
Grrr1969
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
StewM it worked! Thank you. Phone and Netbook back online 🙂
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Great thats solved.  Just come back to read the thread and its sorted. Smiley Happy

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

@Grrr1969 wrote:
StewM it worked! Thank you. Phone and Netbook back online 🙂

Good to hear.

I love it when a plan comes together!

0 Ratings