Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sean1919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Love2Shop Voucher: Last resort #2

Go to solution

Hi Daniel,

I'm in a similar predicament to @nolove2shopvoucher and wonder if you'd be able to break the logjam for me too? I applied to switch to BT Broadband on 3rd January 2016, attracted by the promise of the £75 prepaid MasterCard & £50 Love2shop voucher via MoneySuperMarket. The prepaid MasterCard arrived 3 weeks after claiming but the Love2shop voucher is still missing, almost 5 months after my claim and despite numerous attempts to chase it up.

Here's a brief diary of events;

3/1/16 - Applied for BT Broadband & Phone via link on MoneySavingExpert (MSE) and from there to MoneySuperMarket

28/1/16 - BT phone/BB services activated

29/1/16 - £75 MasterCard claimed

31/1/16 - £50 Love2shop voucher claimed

18/2/16 - prepaid MasterCard arrived

24/2/16 - I phoned BT Customer Services about missing Love2shop voucher. Agent raised request for voucher team to contact me.

10/3/16 - no voucher so I had online chat with BT - agent assured me I’m eligible and they’ll honour the promise, suggested voucher may have gone missing in post, and will be in touch within 2 weeks.

16/3/16 - I raised online enquiry form asking what’s happening.

29/3/16 - I received email saying £75 BT Reward card had been sent and could take 30 days to arrive. NB I hadn't claimed a BT Reward card and have not received one.

28/4/16 - I phoned BT Customer Services; delay caused by big backlog from online orders but agent said my voucher would definitely be sent out on Monday 2nd May by Royal Mail.

9/5/16 - I phoned BT Customer Services. Spoke to agent who put me on hold for 10+ minutes while he spoke to his supervisor. I had to leave to go to a meeting so agreed agent would leave a message on my mobile phone voicemail. No call received so I emailed him. No reply.

10/5/16 - I saw an email address on MSE for help with getting MSE blagged deals so contacted them with extra explanation.

11/5/16 - Reply from agent at MSE who forwarded my email to her BT contact.

12/5/16 - Email from BT Reward Team (voucher.offer@BT.com) saying voucher should be with me in 10-15 working days.

1/6/16 - I emailed contact at MSE saying nothing received from BT.

4/6/16 - I emailed BT Reward Team saying nothing received and I would write to chairman if no reply by 11th with commitment to deliver voucher by end of June.

23/6/16 - I emailed BT Reward Team but email bounced back (550 5.1.1 User unknown)

I have the agents' names, transcript of online chat in March etc. which I can send you if it helps.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
DavidM
Message 2 of 11

Love2Shop Voucher: Last resort. #2

Go to solution

Hi @sean1919 and welcome.

I'm really sorry it's taking so long to get this sorted. Can you please drop me over an email with the details and I'll chase this up for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
nolove2shopvoucher
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Re: Love2Shop Voucher: Last resort #2

Go to solution

sean 1919

I think the critical action I carried out after raising my complaint with BT and giving them ample time to resolve it was to phone Ombudsman Services Communications in late April.

I told them the details of my complaint that were similar to yours.

On 29th April they started a complaints case for me against BT.

On 10th May they informed me that BT had agreed to resolve my complaint.

On 16 May the vouchers arrived.

0 Ratings
sean1919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Re: Love2Shop Voucher: Last resort #2

Go to solution

nolove2shopvoucher,

Thanks for that. I haven't yet raised a formal complaint against BT but I've given them ample time to resolve the issue. Do you know if Ombudsman Services Communications would take any action on my behalf without my having raised a formal complaint?

0 Ratings
sean1919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Re: Love2Shop Voucher: Last resort. #2

Go to solution

Hi DavidM,

Did you get my private message with more details?

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @sean1919,

David is out of the office today but he should be back tomorrow. I've checked our queue and I can see that you filled the form in for us. With the weekend, it'll take us a few days to pick it up for you. We will do everything we can to help get this sorted.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
nolove2shopvoucher
Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

sean1919,

I'm sending you a PM in a few minutes.

0 Ratings
sean1919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi DanielS and DavidM,

Thanks for your help and willingness to keep in touch. I appreciate that it is the responsibility of the BT voucher team (I guess this is another name for the BT Reward Team?) to process my claim and get the Love2shop voucher delivered. Given the history of this claim, I have little faith in their ability to do this without regulatory pressure so I contacted Ombudsman Services Communications today. They raised an outline case but explained they couldn't act on my behalf until I had raised a formal complaint and waited 8 weeks. This evening I raised a formal complaint on www.bt.com/help/home/complaints.html, just in case your interventions don’t result in the missing voucher being sent.

Thanks

0 Ratings
sean1919
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi David,

I'm pleased to report that I have now received a letter from the BT Online Offers Team with a £50 cheque attached, which is better than the £50 Love2shop voucher I was expecting.

It's been a long and wearying process and must have cost BT far more than £50 in dealing with all my calls, online chats, emails and forum postings. I hope that the internal processes and systems for handling voucher claims are being reviewed and improved to prevent further reputational damage.

I want to thank you publicly for the commitment and perseverence that you have shown in helping me to get this problem resolved at long last; you're a credit to BT.

Sean

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
another good result for the mod team
0 Ratings