cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 24

Re: Lovefilm buffering problem

The main difference between the two packages is that you get 50GB cloud storage on the new Totally unlimited package but only 2 GB on the old Unlimited-but throttled-so-not-unlimited package, so this is one way of telling which one you have.

The other difference may be that the new contract is 12 months but the old one is 18 months.... I think?

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 24

Ok - thanks for that, I'll try it and see if it helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 24

I think you would loose your 3 moths discount if you upgrade now... I've also had infinity 2 installed few weeks ago just before they introduced new packages.. and I'm going to wait another two months before upgrading ...  Don't  really use p2p anyway... can't see how this would improve lovefilm streaming...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 24

I've used Lovefilm on several different ISP's and found that I had problems on all of them, in the end I got all my money back as I was able to prove that using different internet connections did not help and therefore Lovefilm was not fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 24

Agree that Lovefilm isn't perfect.. I have found streaming to pc always bit buggy.. probably due to silverlight and fact that I'm using Opera as my browser... but had some problems on ps3 ...

What I find odd with infinity is that... BBC iPlayer is perfectly fine on pc/laptops but bad on ps3... especially HD content.. ( some of it doesn't even work on ps3 at all )  and as far as I remember everything was working fine with my previous ISP ASDL24  (altough I had buffering on HD stuff cos of my 2.5 mbps bandwith (long ADSL line))

Would be nice to know what's causing problem... I'm trying to trust BT thinking they do not shape any traffic (except p2p in peak time)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 24

It's suspicious that the problems are with rival streaming services that compete with the new BT Vision service.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 24

LOL good point! 😛
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 24

@ray_dorset wrote:

It's suspicious that the problems are with rival streaming services that compete with the new BT Vision service.

BT does use QOS for it's BT Vision service

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 24

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@ray_dorset wrote:

So BT does shape traffic after all ??  Can you classify QoS as traffic shaping?...  it prioritize so... it's kind of shaping? is it right? O_o

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 24

@Jaco888 wrote:

@Ratty2012 wrote:

@ray_dorset wrote:

So BT does shape traffic after all ??  Can you classify QoS as traffic shaping?...  it prioritize so... it's kind of shaping? is it right? O_o

No, the QOS for BT Vision service is not traffic shapping, it just means that it's given priority over traffic on the internet connection.

0 Ratings