Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swalezee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Low SNR margin, slow throughput on 2.5 mile ADSL2 line

Go to solution

Years ago had the DLM hard coded to 9db downstream and line was stable.  Recently margin drops to nearly 0db and throughput grinds to a halt.

IMG_1828.PNG

Noise margin shown at 0.6db, throughput was 100-200kb.  Switched off Hub and noise margin up to 3.3db and speed test improved to 7.5mb.  Is there any way to hard code it again.  Happy to sacrifice speed for stability.  Hub3 direct into NTE5/SSFP.

IMG_1831.PNG

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
RogerB
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Low SNR margin, slow throughput on 2.5 mile ADSL2 line

Go to solution
You're right when you say the lack of margin is forcing the connection to grind to a halt. And your own experience with the line confirms it. You need moderator help with this ... an SNRm set. Wait for an invite from the moderators and ask them to set dslam 9db for you on the downstream path. (may take a day or two).
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Swalezee,

I'll be able to take a look at your connection and run a few checks on your line. 

Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

PaddyB
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Swalezee,

I gave you mobile number a quick call, I'm sorry I didn't get speaking to you. 

I've had a look at your connection and I've got BT Wholesale to increase your SNR back up to 9DB. This should take affected in the next 24 hours. I'll get back in touch with you on Monday to see how the connection is preforming.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Swalezee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Happening again although should have been hard coded...

IMG_1868.PNG

0 Ratings
Swalezee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Low SNR margin, slow throughput on 2.5 mile ADSL2 line - Part2

Go to solution

Last night same thing happened again.  Looks like DLM has kicked in again and forced a 3db downstream margin, Sync speed of 9.3Mb.  Throughout gone.  Paddy tried to get BTW to change to 9db which cured the problem but now back to square one again.  Is there anyway to hard code it or this will happen every few weeks.  Thanks.

IMG_1868.PNG

IMG_1538.JPG

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 8

Re: Low SNR margin, slow throughput on 2.5 mile ADSL2 line - Part2

Go to solution

Hi @Swalezee,

I moved your latest post to this thread so we have all the details in one place. @PaddyB is out of the office so can you please send over your details again and we'll look into this further for you. You'll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 8

Re: Low SNR margin, slow throughput on 2.5 mile ADSL2 line - Part2

Go to solution

Hi @Swalezee,

I've changed your noise margin to 9dB and I've also removed DLM which should hopefully prevent your profile being recalculated. The change has already completed so you should notice it now. I'll check in with you again next Friday to make sure you're happy with everything.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings