cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 61 of 66

Re: Low Speed after apparent fix

David i need to dig out my details so i'll contact you ASAP, Thank you!

I found my hub 1! and look now im getting faster speeds than what BT is telling me?

0 Ratings
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 62 of 66

The internet has been finally fixed!

The other day I randomly had a text message saying the fault was fixed, and if I wasnt happy to get back to BT so I did because it wasnt fix.

They arranged another engineer to come again it wasnt a BB engineer but just someone to test the line from the house the engineer told me once again he was the wrong type of engineer and BT sent them out because its cheaper (2 engineers have told me this now), but he told me he was an ex BB engineer, he listen to the line and didnt hear the sound because its periodic here, sometimes the sound happens and sometimes it does not. he went up the poll and listened there and he heard it, he then went to the cabinet and heard it there and ruled it out that it was E side! from exchange to local cabinet. he did the changes there and used the spare as he called it and now the internet is perfect!

He said the noise at the cabinet was very bad.

This is the type of engineer you should be training as a standard, he thought on his own feet, understand what was going on and hounded out the problem.

This guy is a BT veteran as he was telling me he was close to retirment age and he totaly showed up all of the inexperienced engineers that have come in the past and the call center staff who do not communicate to people on the field, he told me that allot of the time they get sent on red herines because of poor communication internally. (This must be costing BT)

Just to throw this out their my Dad is a BT staff member who works on the feild and hes been working for you guys since he was 16 - 17 hes also at retirment age and knows the system inside out, you seriously need to look at training as one engineer who knows how to think on their feet can save BT

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 66

great   please can you post new stats just to show improvement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
designerjuice
Aspiring Contributor
Message 64 of 66

Sometimes the ping is 29ish and the upload is 5.20mb

One last thing before I go, when my download was 0.32kbs and upload 0.03kbs and the call center told me that was what I should expect, I don't appreciate it because it was a blainted lie, and making a promise to a customer on a deadline for it to be fixed is not very good customer services either.

That aside thank you for the help you have given me in the forum, a local friend of mine who lives paralel to my house in distance from the exchange who has employee ifinity says they are getting 30 down and 3 - 4 up so lets hope I get that too once it's installed.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 65 of 66

just enter your phone number here and that should give you an idea - remember it is distance from street cabinet that is important not the exchnage for fibre https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 66 of 66
Moved:

0 Ratings