cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Low broadband speed- 4g available

Hi, I've currently been a BT customer for 5 years. I changed to bt after being told that I would be suitable for infinity within the next year- that was 4 years ago and still no further forward. I have a line speed of max 1 mb/s download, 0.3 mb/s upload and 70 ms ping. With technology moving forward so fast, this speed is no longer practical with daughters wanting to stream movies, play games online etc. Last year I realised that I now receive 4g at home(25mb/s download, 2mb/s upload, 60ms ping). Having had no joy with landline speed, I am looking to have in house 4g broadband- does anyone know of a 4g contract with either a very high or unlimited download limit. If I could find one I could get rid of landline as we don't really use it. Also other in my area in the same boat would be interested. Your help would be much appreciated.
Tags (3)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Low broadband speed- 4g available

Try Googling "unlimited 4g data uk" or similar; I haven't looked past the headlines but when I researched the possibility myself a while ago it was hugely expensive. You can get 8GB easily enough, but that won't support much gaming or video streaming.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Low broadband speed- 4g available

That seems to be the problem with 3g/4g, cost. You get people suggesting it as a rural solution but the cost is so high. No 4g here, and only some networks have 3g, but would still be much faster than landline. Stuck with landline due to cost.
0 Ratings