Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mrmichael
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Low broadband speed/ IP profile

Go to solution

I got a visit yesterday from an engineer about my low speeds, he replaced the master socket faceplate and the problem seemed to sort it self out (well for about 6 hours) then much the same, IP 135Kbps and downstream of 440Kbps. The noise margin was very high so as the hub continued to reset its self the IP dropped and the downstream too. So i phoned 150 and was put through to tier 2 broadband faults and the gentleman reset things at his end the nosie margin fell to 6db and the downstream sync also climed. The same 6 hours as passed and things have gone back to the way they where before the noise margin is now at 21.4db/18db.

Any ideas anyone?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Low broadband speed/ IP profile

Go to solution

there is a bad noise problem on your line especially if twice after a short time of about 6hrs your connection has reset and noise margin jumped up from 6 to 20+

try quiet line test and also check your cables

try a cable tidy if not done already 
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-in-Home/Poor-Broadband-speed/m-p/14217#M8397

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mrmichael
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the answer,

I,ve tryed a quiet line test and there is some noise, the fault has been reported to bt although they say that the line is fine.

I,ve also noticed that whenever i make or recieve or make a call the router losses connection so the exchange cant sync properly

There isnt any extensions connected in the house and the master socket has an adsl filter fitted by the bt engineer that came out last week.

I've only been a customer for about a month and the broadband hasn't been right in all the time, i'm really lossing faith with this service.    

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

if the quiet line test has some crackle/hiss/buzz then you need to report it as a phone fault to 151.  until you get that fixed your broadband is unlikely to improve

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
mrmichael
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

There is nosie on the line.

Is this the reason that the router losses connection whenever we make or recive a call.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Hi as imjolly has posted ANY noise heard on the line will cause disconnections and noise problems reducing your speed and ip profile Phone BT Faults on 151 report a noisy line BUT DO NOT MENTION BROADBAND once the noise problem is solved then your broadband service will improve