cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Butrik7
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Low download ridiculously high upload

I wounded if anyone can help I have BT infinity and I seem to be getting ridiculously high upload speed between 60 and 70 mb and super slow down load between 0 and 5 sometimes it rises to 10 but very soon drops any one have an idea if something is faulty or anything I can do to change it.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Quinny01
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Low download ridiculously high upload

Can you run a test here and post your results ?

http://www.speedtester.bt.com/

0 Ratings
Butrik7
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Might be a problem as laptop won't download java and neither can we run it on the phones. Ill see what I can do later.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 9

If you can't run Java you can get your profile from Tom’s BRAS checker http://windows.mouselike.org/be/?DoAction=BrasChecker which isn’t a speedtest but gives profile.  And then run some standard speedtest such as speedtest.net.

0 Ratings
Butrik7
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Test Date: Oct 9, 2012 19:55
Connection Type: Wifi
Server: Gloucester
Download: 20.20 Mbps
Upload: 9.51 Mbps
Ping: 94 ms

External IP: 109.157.234.149
Internal IP: 192.168.1.71
Latitude: 51.5166
Longitude: -3.1463
This is what I got from speedtest.net. Bit reluctant to do the other one as said could interfere with bt speed checkers and I'm due a call back 8. Not holding my breath though as this Is the second call back promised after no one bothered the first time
0 Ratings
Butrik7
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Now it seems to have corrected itself not sure if its to do with the call I put in reporting the problem earlier. They said I had to unplug all devices connected to phone line and they were going to do some surge from the exchange. ( or something like that )
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 7 of 9

Hmm, your download should be around 45mb download. Are you using Wireless, Wifi or Powerline Adapaters?

Edit: Just seen your post above, do a test with a wired connection and post it here, just so we can see if it's your phone line or something internal to you what is causing the problem.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Butrik7
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Well BT have said we have a fault on the line unfortunately we don't have any computers/laptops etc. we only have wireless fruit based devices so unable to do a plug in test. Engineer booked for tomorrow
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 9

Hopefully the engineer will be able to remove it without any problems, from experince when getting a fault they tend to appear a lot.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings