cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kevdi27
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Low infinity speed

Hi I've been a fibre customer I'm my area since it was first installed think I was the first in my street. I've been on infinity 2 for way over a year maybe even 2 , I'm a keen gamer so a good connection is important to me ,anyway my speed has been up and down for over 2 years after finding a fault through my router and reporting it 3 engineer visits later they couldn't find a problem ,we were told it was down to over congestion on the network not an internal wiring fault like my router diagnostic came back with on the initial fault .So this afternoon I checked my speed on by wholesale as instructed to it came back with 21.97 down and 7.3 up ,bt's website says my minimum is 35 mb on its estimate is my speed acceptable for superfast broadband .
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Low infinity speed

can you post stats from your router please

enter phone number and post results  remember delete number  http://dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

try quiet line test  dial 17070 option 2  should be quiet and best with corded phone

are you using test socket?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Kevdi27
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Screenshot (4.PNG

0 Ratings
Kevdi27
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

sorry took me a while to figure out how to upload that screenshot im a noob ,we  had the engineer out a few weeks back he tested the phone line said it was within range im at a loss with this to be honest

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 5 of 9

Can you post the rest that @imjolly has asked for?

Also the result of the Further Diagnostic from BTWholesale speed test.

0 Ratings
Kevdi27
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi thanks for the reply, what else have I to post sorry as I said I'm a complete noob at this,I can't do another by wholesale test because I'm waiting on someone from bt to look at my first set of test results and get back to my first set said I was within an acceptable range 21.97 down I tested and 20.5- 29 mb was my range it said
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 7 of 9

Connection stats from HH. How to HERE.

Result of the quiet line test 17070 option 2. Best with corded phone, any noise report a line fault don't mention broadband.

0 Ratings
Kevdi27
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Here's the hh results, and the quiet line test sounds ok to mebt.PNG

0 Ratings
Kevdi27
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

the data results look way up from what i tested at bt wholesale earlier