cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
russo109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Low speeds since fault rectified

Hi everyone. I've been with BT for  a number of years now with no real problems. Last week we lost our infinity 2 connection for three days. It turned out the negineer had disconnected us from the FTTC cabinet by msitake and couldnt trace our line to reconnect so had to put a signal generator in our house to find the right cables.

Anyway since reconneceting the line I only connect at 48mbs ~(and ip profiel set to 49.86) now wheres prior to the fault I always connected at 65mbs. I rung BT a number of times since then and they have reset the line to no avial. They are now sending an engineer out to check my line etc and have threatened to charge me £126 if the fault is inside the house!

I cant believe that the fault is, as all was good prior to their messing up at the FTTC ( they are always fiddling in the cabinet as I undertand there is a oingoiung problem  there).

Any ideas what is going on?

Untitled.jpg

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Low speeds since fault rectified

It's probably down to the DLM recognising issues with your connection so reducing your speeds and if the line remains stable then the speeds should be progressively increased.

A snapshot of the connection stats from your homehub would be useful.

0 Ratings
russo109
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the quick response, I have Netgear R7000 router connected rather than the home hub sorry
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

You should still be able to get the line stats from the Negear.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings