cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Message 1 of 3

Lower speed than estimated?

Hi, i've just moved from Sky a few days ago, my speed sits around 6.5-7mb, although when i do a line check it says roughly my estimated download should be 15mb, although the variance is between 11-19mb, will this go up in the coming days? or is this an issue i need to contact someone on?

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lower speed than estimated?

there is a 10 day training period where you need to stay connected 24/7 with no manual resets as the exchange tries to find the best possible stable speed for your line.  during this time the hub may reset (often) but this is normal

if after training is completed and still lower than you hoped then post your adsl stats from your hub and the results from btspeedtester and someone will try and help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lower speed than estimated?

Ah ok no worries, just wanted to know whether this was normal, thank you for your help

If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution
0 Ratings