Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dannyfuller82
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

MAC Code ISSUES

Hi,

I've been going around in circles few a couple of days Now, spent 3 hours yesterday and another hour today.

I ordered telephone and broadband back on the 6th of jan, with the delivery due on the 20th, i recieved the hub kit on the 20th

and recieved an email saying the the phone had gone live, but to wait for confirmation of the broadband.

the firday the 23rd i recieved a call asking for a MAC code, so contacted Sky and they promtly send the code.

Yesterday called BT to provide the code, they came back with it as invaild.

so got on to sky who confirmed that it was 100% correct and the problem was with BT system. 

so called BT again who said it is definatly invaild and a problem sky should help me out.

Sky then said that it is electronically issued from Open reach a part of BT therefore can not be incorrect, they then said that BT do have some issues accepting some MAC codes within the first few day of them being issued.

so called BT again, who have said that the system will not accept the MAC Code and will need and new one.

Sky wont/cant issue a new code for 30 days as the code they have provided is valid.

so where does this leave me except incredabily fustrated,

Is there a way of either get BT to talk to SKY or openreach and sorting this out????

regards

Dan  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: MAC Code ISSUES

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 3 of 6

Hi dannyfuller82 and welcome.

Sorry you're having problems with the MAC code. Can you email the details to me and I'll check it for you? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Bolter
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

I have a similar problem but my current ISP is Eclipse Internet rather than Sky

What was the problem?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

the OP's post is being dealt with by the forum mods and many times posters do not return as the mods deal personally with posters
0 Ratings
Bolter
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

I feared that may be the case

0 Ratings