-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 43 of 86

Re: MAC code request

Go to solution

@john46 wrote:
DS you may find this useful the last paragraph states the HH4 is free on contract renewals after st of June

http://www.btplc.com/News/Articles/Showarticle.cfm?ArticleID=4E2E1EF5-FCBA-4CE4-B769-E48E0F68ACED

st of June? not sure what day that is.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 44 of 86

Go to solution
DS has already responded to that post.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 45 of 86

Go to solution

@Patty-L wrote:
DS has already responded to that post.

True. Confucius he say, "If you want to poke fun at a typo, don't wait 3 days or you look silly."

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 46 of 86

Go to solution

@DS wrote:

@riffatiqbal wrote:
£30 for broadband and line rental, now thats a deal.

I know. Plus I'm very happy with it too:)

Now that I think about this, I am not entirely sure whether if this is an amazing deal. 

This is what BT offered me: £22.65 for 12 months Infinity opt 2 and £129 for Evening and Weekend Plan. Thats £33.4 pm. If it was me, I would have paid the extra £3.4pm to upgrade from 16mb download to 78mb download. Anyways, different packages suit different people. My monthly usage is around 1gb, so, which requires the 78mb, being a heavy user I am.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 47 of 86

Go to solution

@DS wrote:

Well, I got my MAC code about an hour a go via email:)

And an impresive offer to remain as a customer.

Email sent back.

And now I wished I'd used the code:(

Will try my best to resolve this later on this morning:| (though NOT via the phone as they seem to think my contract finshes on the 6th June 2013, so that's a renewed 12 month 15 day contract then?!?!?!?)

If anyone from BT ever reads this, you really need to sort yourselves out and make sure you close your mic when you put a customer on hold.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 48 of 86

Go to solution

@DS wrote:

@DS wrote:

Well, I got my MAC code about an hour a go via email:)

And an impresive offer to remain as a customer.

Email sent back.

And now I wished I'd used the code:(

Will try my best to resolve this later on this morning:| (though NOT via the phone as they seem to think my contract finshes on the 6th June 2013, so that's a renewed 12 month 15 day contract then?!?!?!?)

If anyone from BT ever reads this, you really need to sort yourselves out and make sure you close your mic when you put a customer on hold.....

having second thoughts  now,

I am glad that I did not renew my contract for absolutely nothing, they are offering me 'Nothing' whatsoever to stay. BT are offering it to me for ... wait for it

wait for it

£37!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 49 of 86

Go to solution

My BT Contract for Unlimited BB & calls ends 19th July,the current offer I'm looking at with an-other ends 23rd July, BT would need to offer me a discount in excess of £22 per month to get me to stay, do you think they will ?

If I ask for my MAC on the 19th and they take 5 days to send it I'll lose the other offer, any ideas.

Ta,

Del.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 50 of 86

Go to solution

Hi Del,

fwiw - You can start your negotiation process 3 months before your contract end date.

But for you, I'd wait till the 19/20 of this month, then go down the MAC code route.

This then gives you 30 days to sort out what's best for you regarding life with BT.

After the 19th of next month, if you've not sorted a good price out, then you could do what I so nearly did - offski.

But note - another ISP would need around 2 weeks notice to get the ball rolling if you were to move to them and you didn't want a break in service.

0 Ratings