cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: MORE PROBLEMS -NOW CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE EMAILS AT ALL !-BT IS A FARCE !

You cna use Windows Live Mail with a Gmail account and it would give you independence from any isp, this is a freindly and hopefully, helpful suggestion to alleviate what seems to be a major problem foryou. It was suggested in a friendly manner also.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 21

HI gb1957 I really understand your feelings this is a customer to customer self help forum and the members here are trying to offer you help and advice pleas try and calm down and relax using caps is taken as shouting in forums and with respect not needed and will drive people away from trying to help you I will ask you one question you say it all worked ok until Friday what then changed to cause the problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 21

@gb1957 wrote:

Right - have rung again today -account has been deleted and reset altogether -it still wont work !

Also -I DO NOT WANT TO USE ANOTHER EMAIL -I WANT TO USE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL !!!

THIS HAS WORKED WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS RIGHT UNTIL THIS FRIDAY !

I HAVE UNISTALLED ROBOFORM -TWICE NOW -MADE NO DIFFERENCE !

I HAVE UNISTALLED ALL ANTIVIRUS -NO DIFFERENCE !

ALL OF WHICH I HAD ON MY COMPUTER FOR THE LAST YEAR-ALL HAD NO PROBLEMS AT ALL .

THIS STARTED ON FRIDAY !

YES , I HAVE ANOTHER EMAIL ADDRESS -A HOTMAIL ONE !

MY COMPLAINT IS -WHY SHOULD I HAVE TO MESS AROUND LIKE THIS WHEN IT WORKED BEFORE ???

WHY AM I BEING TOLD TO USE ANOTHER EMAIL - I WANT TO CARRY ON WITH WHAT I KNOW -WINDOWS LIVE MAIL !!

I AM SO SICK OF ALL THIS AND BEING TOLD TO CHANGE THIS THAT AND THE OTHER -I SHOULD BE ABLE TO CHOOSE MYSELF WHAT I WANT TO USE TO ACCESS MY EMAILS .

AS I SAID -IT ALL WORKED FINE UNTIL FRIDAY -WHAT HAPPENED I HAVE NO IDEA AS I DO NOT GO INTO ANY EMAIL SETTINGS AS I HAVE NO REASON TO !

NOW , I CANNOT SEND OR RECEIVE EMAILS ON MY IPAD OR IPHONE EITHER !?

SO UTTERLY **bleep** OFF I CANT EVEN TELL YOU !

3 DAYS NOW AND ALL I HAVE DONE IS SPEND IT ON THE PHONE AND COMPUTER AND 3 DIFFERENT PEOPLE HAVE ACCESS IT NOW AND NOT ONE CAN SORT IT OUT -WHAT A JOKE !

Hi again. Please don't write in all upper case, it is hard to read and effectively shouting, and may put people off trying to help.

Believe me, I know how frustrating this is - however there are things that need to be tried.

As your account has been "deleted and reset", does webmail access still work ? (Frankly I don't expect the account was deleted).

I am replying to your PM to me, don't give up Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 21

On Friday -BT servers all went down -or so i was told .

I just switched on my computer at lunchtime -pressed send and receive and got all emails .

Switched off computer -switched on again at 4pm -got error messages and its not worked since .

I have not touched anything at all .

As stated -i then rang up and after 3 days the problem is still there .

I am sorry but i dont want to go all round the houses just to get my emails - i want things back to how they were with both email accounts in windows live mail .

The hotmail still works as its on a different server .

My BT one doesnt and thats the important one -the one i need working !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 21

Well the guy that took control of my computer today got my BT account up and pressed delete right in front of me !

Then after a few mins he set it all up again using the same email address and password .

It still doesnt work !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 21

@gb1957 wrote:

Well the guy that took control of my computer today got my BT account up and pressed delete right in front of me !

Then after a few mins he set it all up again using the same email address and password .

It still doesnt work !

Ahh yes.

All that means is that he deleted the account from your computer program, rather than delete the actual account it said.

It is one of the options, to delete the account withing Windows Mail, Outlook or Thunderbird etc - in case the program has got a form of corruption.

By him doing that, it at least seems to prove that Windows Mail may not be the culprit directly.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 21

Well thats all well and good that you understand -BUT i still am no further and it soon will be 4 days of emails, phone calls and sitting on my computer for hours on end !

When will someone actually be able to resolve this ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 21

@gb1957 wrote:

Well thats all well and good that you understand -BUT i still am no further and it soon will be 4 days of emails, phone calls and sitting on my computer for hours on end !

When will someone actually be able to resolve this ?

Hi again.

One way to avoid a mail program is to try a test with telnet. It's not too tricky, but does require you to go into a CMD prompt (Winkey-R, type in CMD and press Enter).

If you are not using Windows 7, then if you type :-

telnet mail.btinternet.com 110

in the old "DOS" window shown, it should respond with something similar to :-

+OK hello from popgate 2.48.1 on pop816.mail.ird.yahoo.com

On the next line type in user@ followed by a space and your btinternet email address without the @btinternet.com. You should get a password response. Enter pass followed by a space and then your password. If all is well, then you should get a response like :-

+OK maildrop ready, 0 messages (0 octets)

You can type in quit to exit, and then you can close that window.

To enable telnet in Windows 7, then it's quite straightforward :-

http://www.fettesps.com/windows-7-enable-telnet/

Sorry if the above is technical, but it can help to determine if anything is wrong

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 21

Sorry -but i have no idea how to do this and in all honesty it shouldn''t be necessary to spend the time i am doing to sort out BT problems !

I have basically had enough now and if someone from BT cannot sort out what happened when their servers went down -well they are not fit to call themselves technical help !!!

I am expected to try all this -when 3 different bt technical advisors have had control of my computer -deleted and restored my acccounts and been into every setting possible.

Changed routers -reset routers , switched off routers etc etc.

I am sick of all this technical jargon and waste of my time .

I NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS MESS WITH 8 YEARS WITH TISCALI AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE THE PITS -BUT THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE !!!!!

If someone cannot sort this out in a straight forward non technical manner- i am wasting even more of my time !!!

3 full days and sitting up till 5 am on every NIGHT  is not really acceptable-WHEN the fault was never mine in the first place!

If i cant switch of my computer on a evening and switch it back on and find everything still working as normal -well its a bit **bleep** odd !

I know its nothing to do with me -so why have i got to waste my holiday sorting it out !?

BT is just the pits and worse than Tiscali as far as i am concerned -useless and incompetent spring to mind .

Yes, i am totally **bleep** of with this problem for 4 days - why the **bleep** should i sort out BTS **bleep** UPS !

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 21

@gb1957 wrote:

Sorry -but i have no idea how to do this and in all honesty it shouldn''t be necessary to spend the time i am doing to sort out BT problems !

I have basically had enough now and if someone from BT cannot sort out what happened when their servers went down -well they are not fit to call themselves technical help !!!

I am expected to try all this -when 3 different bt technical advisors have had control of my computer -deleted and restored my acccounts and been into every setting possible.

Changed routers -reset routers , switched off routers etc etc.

I am sick of all this technical jargon and waste of my time .

I NEVER EXPERIENCED THIS MESS WITH 8 YEARS WITH TISCALI AND I THOUGHT THEY WERE THE PITS -BUT THIS IS SOMETHING ELSE !!!!!

If someone cannot sort this out in a straight forward non technical manner- i am wasting even more of my time !!!

3 full days and sitting up till 5 am on every NIGHT  is not really acceptable-WHEN the fault was never mine in the first place!

If i cant switch of my computer on a evening and switch it back on and find everything still working as normal -well its a bit **bleep** odd !

I know its nothing to do with me -so why have i got to waste my holiday sorting it out !?

BT is just the pits and worse than Tiscali as far as i am concerned -useless and incompetent spring to mind .

Yes, i am totally **bleep** of with this problem for 4 days - why the **bleep** should i sort out BTS **bleep** UPS !

Sorry, as I said, about the technical stuff, however at this moment in time there is no actual indication that the problem lies with BT I'm afraid. The idea is trying to eliminate things that might be the cause, without these extra steps it's going to be virtually impossible to determine the fault.

These steps may well be technical in nature, it's the nature of the beast I'm afraid. If there was a straight forward answer, then it would be cleared by now.

I've sent you a private message reply, so I am wiling to try things for you.

0 Ratings