cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Digital Voice "free" phone?

Go to solution

I've just followed the link, input my phone number twice viz 01422 NNNNNN and 01422NNNNNN and I got this error message both times: 

Please enter a valid phone number without a country code e.g. 01XXXXXXXXX or 02XXXXXXXXX.

It IS a valid STD phone number. There ISN'T a country code!!!

More BT nonsense.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Re: MOST URGENT. What does my BT hub look like?

Go to solution

did you try sending a text as suggested in the link?

if you now have FTTP you can try phoning FTTP team 08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

@imjolly Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you! And another thank you!

I was about to post a reply saying that I'd had enough, that I pay for a phone and it doesn't work. I can't plug my phone into the hub because the fitting is completely different. I was about to say that I'm switching to Sky and will stop my direct debit payments to BT, challenging BT to try to impose a ludicrous estimated charge on me for moving away mid-contract.

But I then saw your suggestion "you can try phoning FTTP team 08005874787". I rang them just now and was immediately put through to Ellie, the best advisor I have ever spoken to out of hundreds of advisors. The outcome is that next Tuesday the 19th October, I will receive two new wireless Digital phones free of charge. Yippee!!!

PS I'll probably be back next week asking advice on how to set them up!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

@Taffy078 

great result

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

@Taffy078 wrote:

I can't plug my phone into the hub because the fitting is completely different.

Did you not read my post (message 8 )about the green socket with possibly a sticker over it?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

@Taffy078 

This is what @licquorice  means.

Capture.JPG

Its the socket shown in green, that is where your phone should plug into, just remove any sticker. I am assuming you have the BT Smart Hub 2, otherwise nothing will work, including the free phones.

That socket is a standard phone socket, its no different to any other.

0 Ratings