cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xemilyxxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 44

MOVING HOME - 2 month wait to book an engineer to the install the line. Quitting bt?

Go to solution

How is that possible? I have to wait 2 months for them to come up and fix a line? I've been a customer for 8 years, it's shocking. Is there anyway to speed up the process? If not I will definitely be saying bye to bt..

0 Ratings
43 REPLIES 43
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 44

Re: MOVING HOME - 2 month wait to book an engineer to the install the line. Quitting bt?

Go to solution

Hi Xemilyxx,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I would be happy to help you with this.  I cant make any promises at the moment, not without understanding the reason why you have been given a 2 month lead time but I can certainly find out.

Please get your BT account details off to me and I will find out what is going on.  Just click on my username and you will find a contact link under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

xemilyxxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 44

Re: MOVING HOME - 2 month wait to book an engineer to the install the line. Quitting bt?

Go to solution

Sent you a message, thanks.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 44

Go to solution
please remember it is Openreach that provide and maintain the network so it is their waiting time that is causing your delay not BT's this would also apply to any other provider except a cable operator that you could move to
xemilyxxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 44

Go to solution

You can't honestly believe that 8 week wait is reasonable. It's a bad joke, unbelieable in this day and age. And, in a way, it is BTs fault, they should do something about it since they're in contract with openreach.

0 Ratings
Helios
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 44

Go to solution
Do you live down south, or over to the west of the country? Lots of areas round there are under MBORC due to the recovery of the flood damage.

Please note just because your town/village itself was not flooded doesn't mean the engineers local to you are sat twiddling their thumbs. Openreach engineers work areas, or patches as they call them cover quite large areas.
0 Ratings
xemilyxxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 44

Go to solution

I live in north Wales (Wrexham).

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 44

Go to solution
that area is still suffering from infrastructure damage across north wales as the service checker shows https://www.bt.com/consumerFaultTracking/public/faults/tracking.do?pageId=31this is causing delays in new installs as repairs have to take priority
0 Ratings
xemilyxxx
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 44

Go to solution

Well, more engineers should be hired then because the customers will be switching to other providers that don't deal with openreach. Does bt really expect me to pay for 2 month of non service? Also, http://www.broadbandchecker.co.uk/broadband-checker.php broadband checker says:

Your local BT Exchange is ADSL broadband enable

Your line should be capable of supporting download speeds up to 2.5Mb or possibly up to 76Mb with BT Infinity fibre optic broadband.

So is it possible that the BT site has an error? It's not a newly developed property, the previous tenants had the phone line and the internet so it's just not possible that there is no line there.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 44

Go to solution
engineers are being moved around the UK to help with the backlog of work

unless you have Virgin cable all other ISP's use as to the speeds quoted there is no reason to disbelieve them as it depends on the line length from your home to the exchange it is also possible that the previously used line from the last tenant has already been reused to provide a line to an existing customer with a fault that needs a replacement line
Openreach
0 Ratings