cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: MTU used by ECI modem/HH3

Hard reset doesn't change anything but at times TCP is spending more time idle than doing anything and my pings are double the normal values look at this:

MySpeed Graph.jpg

The Red is the TCP pause, in the past this has been fairly flat and this is by no means the worst I've had.

Oh well I have Openreach coming out for about the 8th visit tomorrow (if they show up) for a DLM reset as my ip profile seems to be stuck at 33.88Mbps down from the previous stable 44.33Mbps around a month ago.

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 12 of 14

That speedtest also shows my connection has an MTU of 1452.

HG612 + hh3B

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 13 of 14

Well Openreach showed up as planned yesterday and did the DLM reset, results are now much better and as they should be see below.

I didn't get a reason why the MTU was and still is 1452 however I have been told that a firmware upgrade to the openreach modem around the time my speed dropped could be the cause of my sudden drop in speed and increased pings and the fact it did not recover.

Apparently this is something that BT are aware of but have not informed customers about. Fact or fiction I don't know but I was told it does not affect all openreach modems just certain variations of them, it does however seem that a lot of others posting on this forum have suffered speed drops at around the same time.

Can any of the mods in here clarify the above and explain why my MTU is 1452 rather than 1492 please?

BT after DLM reset 210413.jpg

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 14 of 14

Well that was short lived, here we go again.

BT Speedtest 220413.jpg

0 Ratings